Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fantastic:I just replaced the stock air filter element with a K&N and I can not believe the difference changing just the element can make. Smother idle, more low end power and much smoother on acceleration. If this can make such a difference i wonder what a complete CAI change out and cat-back exhaust will make.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the K&N CAI and it is awesome. You should really try it or the AEM one.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
not trying to steal outlnder's thunder BUT..........

if you do some research on here the top 2 CAI's for our Frontiers are Volant & Injen !

i have the Injen CAI (pic in my gallery) with a Gibson S/S exhaust and absolutely LOVE the combo, my truck really purrs @ 40 mph and even better going up the PA turnpike @ 80 :)

most reviews i have read on here about the K&N didn't rate them very well, i had 1 on my '07 charger and was happy with it but i listened to the great folk on here and went with the Injen after some fitment issues with the Volant.

IF you decide to go with a CAI i suggest you read the reviews/posts and just don't go with 1 persons opinion (mine or anyone else's)

BEST OF LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DECIDE !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to wait a while and get some of my $40.00 out of the replacement element before going to a new CAI system. I am looking at the dual exhaust first, there is a local shop down here that is said to do some really good work at a fair price.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
sweet, i have the CAI on my first gen and i love it, been on my truck since new and has given me no issues. also don't believe that crap from people saying it'll mess with the mass air meter or let dirt particles in the engine. k&n IMO is the best air filter you can buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.