Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I managed to install this myself. I have a couple issues.

#1. The bezel crutchfield supplied didnt fit without prohibiting the deck from opening to insert a dvd or cd. So I had to pull it out. you can see the space in the pic. Anyone have a solution for this?

#2. I scratched the **** out of the dash kit during install. they should be wrapped in a plastic coating that you peel off after install. Anyone know how to fix this?

#3. This was the first time I actually tried the deck. If I had a chance to demo it, I dont think I would have purchased it. The Ipod controls are REALLY clunky. Trying to search for a particular song is gonna put me in the ditch.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#2. I scratched the **** out of the dash kit during install. they should be wrapped in a plastic coating that you peel off after install. Anyone know how to fix this?
update: cant fix the scratches. ordered another kit. I will cover the new dash kit with masking tape prior to install and peel off later! Again - these things should be protected somehow during install. kinda ridiculous otherwise.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This was the first time I actually tried the deck. If I had a chance to demo it, I dont think I would have purchased it. The Ipod controls are REALLY clunky. Trying to search for a particular song is gonna put me in the ditch.
3 letters, JVC =P anyways... why order a new kit? why not take that out and paint it or somethin?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts