Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted an economical unit that had a lot of features. This unit has two USB inputs (front and rear), aux input, bluetooth adapter included, microphone, cd, also this is satellite and HD ready. The total was $219.95 (free shipping and no sales tax) from Crutchfield. Crutchfield also included free USB bluetooth headset, install kit, wire harnesses and master cheat sheets.

Install was pretty simple, just takes patience to match up the wiring. I also like the pocket under the unit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the JVC KWXG 700 and like it pretty well, BUT, if you get XM in it the JVC XMD1000 adapter you will need is garbage! It sometimes drops signal and then takes 5 or more minutes to "load"...Anyway, love the radio itself but I'm thinking of going with a different brand just because of the XM issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How is the Bluetooth pairing? Sound quality good when paired to your music device(phone/mp3 or whatever you have)? I cant decide if I want to go double din or not...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i returned this jvc unit because the bluetooth pairing worked sporadically with my cell phone. sometimes i had to turn the hu off and on. other times i had to pull out the adapter and plug it back it in, but that then required a re-pairing.

now i have the clarion cx609 with built-in bluetooth and it works great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bummer the JVC Arsenal KDA805 didn't work out. I liked how the the head units orange display matched the Frontiers dash lights. Glad you found something that worked out better for you in the long run.

·
Registered
34 Posts
looks better without that space that the single din causes! you listen to music paired with your cell phone or just take your calls? need to get rid of that fat stack of cds in my truck! lol i have all of the music that's on those cds on my iphone...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just paired the phone to take calls. i have my ipod in my glove compartment for music. btw, what is a cd? lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts