Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got to taking some pictures of the truck with the titan swap, stupid rain suck for photo opportunities.
EDIT: Some new pics for a few that asked!!!

Anyways, heres the main parts minus the deaver pack didnt feel like movin them into the shot.

And stock suspension, blah:nana:

And thanks to PRG the new titan swap!!!:fantastic:
sorry 1am in morning and simple phone camera=bad pic

I cant wait to take her out in the dirt and see how it performs, whos down for some thrillriding!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
how does it turn now ?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
congrats. Now lets see some action shots

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
question for those with titan swap: The swap widens the front track width by 3" per side right? What does everyone do to make the rear width match? 3" spacers on each side? For some reason i can't wrap my brain around putting 3" spacers on the rear, even if they were hubcentric. Surely everyone with a titan swap hasn't swapped in a titan rear axle also, right?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
exactly what i want to do man. hey you want to give me your old front shocks. i think the ones greg gave me from a v8 pathfinder are kind of blown out. Id like to just upgrade to the bilsteins for now. Im in north orange county, garden grove.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
question for those with titan swap: The swap widens the front track width by 3" per side right? What does everyone do to make the rear width match? 3" spacers on each side? For some reason i can't wrap my brain around putting 3" spacers on the rear, even if they were hubcentric. Surely everyone with a titan swap hasn't swapped in a titan rear axle also, right?
Im sure most just leave it like it is. It isnt really that noticable. I have titan swap and 2.5 spacers front and rear and unless you really stare you cant notice the front is wider.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Im sure most just leave it like it is. It isnt really that noticable. I have titan swap and 2.5 spacers front and rear and unless you really stare you cant notice the front is wider.
Yea most leave as is and some use spacers. I think i will leave it as is for now, just need to burn up these stock tires and get a more aggressive tread pattern.

exactly what i want to do man. hey you want to give me your old front shocks. i think the ones greg gave me from a v8 pathfinder are kind of blown out. Id like to just upgrade to the bilsteins for now. Im in north orange county, garden grove.
Yea i dont think i will have a problem with that, let me know if you really want them.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
so you are 11" wider in the front compared to stock, right? 3" per side for the titan swap PLUS 2.5" per side via spacers?

Where did you find the 2.5" spacers? My compulsive disorder self couldn't stand the front being wider than the back, especially 3" per side. Those 2.5" spacers on the back wouldn't be too bad though.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
so you are 11" wider in the front compared to stock, right? 3" per side for the titan swap PLUS 2.5" per side via spacers?

Where did you find the 2.5" spacers? My compulsive disorder self couldn't stand the front being wider than the back, especially 3" per side. Those 2.5" spacers on the back wouldn't be too bad though.
Yep, actually a little wider as I am running 14.50 tires. I got my spacers made by this guy... I think... :confused: was 3 years ago

WheelAdapter.com > Request a Custom Quote

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks badass man! I've got one question for all you auto mechanic guys. From my limited automotive mechanic skills, I repair and work on helicopters not cars so I would guess that since you're changing out the front suspension components to titan components... Could you then use a titans lift kit on a frontier?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i cant wait to do my titan swap...just waiting for some cash. has anyone ran titans swap with a drop bracket?
Yes look through the build treads I think FrontiFan has the calamini one.

Don't you mean does anyone want to go thrillcrafting :laugh:
What I'm wandering about the titan swap is this most people say if you want to run frontier arms you'll need V8 Pathfinder CV axles, but Penski is running a Frontier diff with a Titan swap so why could you not just keep your stock CVs?
Not meaning to thread jack I was just wandering truck looks sick though, hope you get some new shoes soon.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
What I'm wandering about the titan swap is this most people say if you want to run frontier arms you'll need V8 Pathfinder CV axles, but Penski is running a Frontier diff with a Titan swap so why could you not just keep your stock CVs?
V8 pathfinder axles are used to install the M205 diff. They have nothing to do with a Titan swap.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea, but if your track is wider wouldnt you need longer CV's? I assume the stock ones would be too short.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Yea, but if your track is wider wouldnt you need longer CV's? I assume the stock ones would be too short.
To do a M205 swap and keep the same Trace width

M205 from a Titan with 3.36 gears.
V8 pathfinder complete half shafts

To do a Titan swap with a R180 diff

Stock Titan lower control arms
Stock Titan upper or after-market control arms
SAW center half shafts ( you will need to swap the C.V. joint from your frontier on to these shafts )
PRG tie rod extensions

To do a Titan swap and a M205 swap

M205 from a Titan with 3.36 gears
Stock Titan lower control arms
Stock Titan upper or after-market control arms
Titan complete half shafts
PRG tie rod extensions

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
think you could post a head on view for me?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome to the club... :fantastic:

Now let's go thrillcrafting!!! :itsfriday:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts