Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered over here from the xterra forums. Not a lot of activity here yet, but I'll be checking back from time to time.
m4ck, one of the things I'd like to see on here is a "DIY" or a "Backyard/shadetree mechanic" forum. From what I've seen on the x forums, those guys need a lot of help. The last post I read over there was concerning a member that didn't know the sound of metal on metal from his front brakes (and he was a mod!) Jeez. He spent $500 at Midas. My 12 year old daughter would have a few tips for him. :roll:
My ride: '01 crew cab, SC, 2wd, 5 speed. Had it since new. Now 79K. I do all the work myself, except for the times I need a machine shop (for the rotors) or a radiator shop (for a coring). Been a shadetree for 40 years, so I've got a few moves under my belt.
Not into off roading or heavy mods. My thing is keeping it running as smooth and economically as possible. Soon as I figure it out I'll post a pic of one of the cleanest (well, after its annual bath) and quickest work trucks in town.
As you can probably tell from this post I'm opinionated when it come to my truck. Guess that come from my background. I came up from the dirt floored garages of yesterday, and find that most principals still apply. The mechanic(s) that taught me were a little hard to be around, but I hung in there, dropped wrenches in their faces, and when they saw that this young sheet wasn't going to go away they started so show me "stuff".
Oh, well, I've stalled long enough. I've still got to finish the spark plugs. Done w/the left bank and got the blower inlet back on, so all that's left is the right bank. Later.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Thanks for stopping by TwoBills. A do it yourself section sounds like a great idea.
I will set something up. Since you seem to have a pretty good knowledge of your Frontier I hope you could add some good articles to it.
Keep coming back we just need some good info in here and the people will surely start to come by.

Oh and how to post pictures. All you have to do is scroll down under the box where you type your post and click the Browse Button. Then find the picture on your hard drive and click the Add Attachment button. its that easy. You can follow that step 4 times and post 4 pictures in a single post.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, thought I'd get that picture thing out of the way right off the bat.

A Frontier group is badly needed, from what I can see on the net. Guess I'm kinda in on the ground floor here, so everybody that follows will just have to put up w/me. :)

The forums help me keep up, so to speak, w/new and improved equipment for my truck.

I'm always noticing things, large and small, that can be improved on these vehicles. The 1st and foremost, as far as I'm concerned, is a set of Bilsteins. This is what brought me to the forums originally, and I'm still trying to figure out the H designation on these. Guess I'll have to call Spencer over at SLR and pick his mind about H0s, yea or nea, for the front.

One thing I just noticed today is the thinness of the squeeze clamps on the intake water hoses. Those things are so brittle you can only use them once. Pulled one off, by mistake, and that sucker broke. Had to dig around in my spare parts box for a clamp. Found one from the old Mitsubishi. That clamp is 2 or 3 times thicker.

Oh, well, gotta go. I'll stop back in from time to time to keep you guys straight. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts