Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
also bought the "PAC SWI-PS" so i can use my steering wheel controls . i will post pics during the install wish me luck. any tips or questions you have let me know. first head unit i will ever put it in so i might have a few questions later if so i will post on here

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
cool! be sure to take pics during the install and especially after so we can see how it looks! i also would like to know how well that steering wheel control module works, i've thought about adding that

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k will do hopefully it will be next weekend when i install it i'm stoked.
think i saw where someone used where the aux port is and put a usb port there maybe mistaking but that is what i am gonna try to do maybe i can find my dremel tool this week

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quick question on installl manual says " connect to system control terminal of power amp or auto atenna relay control terminal" got an amp came with truck and the antenna do i but all three of those together??

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
power antenna oo frontiers dont have power antennas do they???? power antennas are the antennas that go up and down right??

edit: guess what i am saying is what is an auto antenna i have a stock antenna

and the wiring diagram from crutchfield says blue wire is power antenna and one wiring adapter and other is amplifier turn on. going to go out in the storm right now and see if there is an actual wire hooking up to that spot didn't look just started wiring till i got stuck

well nevermind i answered my question crutchfield wiring diagram had a blue wire but there is no wire in the old plug so i got that one will upload pics in a few days not done yet

to do the steering wheel controls i need to solder on resistors didnt research it to well before i bought it so have to wait a few days til my friend gets back in town and he can soder it for me

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
a power antenna is one that retracts down when the car is turned off and telescopes up when you turn the car on. i didnt think frontiers had power antennas. at least not in the US, not sure about other places though. did/does your new radio have a blue wire along with a blue wire with a white stripe? some radios have just one and some have 2. if you have 2 you cant use the power antenna wire to power the amp because it only gets power when the radio itself is on.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
kk got it in bypassed dvd player working good will put up pics in a few days now got to hook up the usb somewhere not sure where to put it at

Thanks for all the help from every one thanks mylt and joker2168 for all the help now got to do steering wheel controls and learn all the cool features of it

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
so you have the 2 power ports on the pass side of the dash? if you only have one or dont need both there is a post on here somewhere that someone replaced the knock out with a neat little USB port. it look really good and almost looked like it belonged there. i will see if i can find it and either bump it up or post a link. if i didnt need both of my power ports i would do it when i upgrade my current deck to another.

that was quick.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f24/my-first-mod-cheap-easy-one-42067/

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i saw that usb on here somewhere thanks for posting that that will help out alot.. see i got an le and got the factory aux port there which i think will only work with the stock deck i will take the aux port and try to put that usb port there only thing is i wont have the stock flab or hinged cover on it.. want to find something that looks close to the other one'

edit:: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com that should work what ya think??

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ordered both of them today the cable with usb and the hinge---didnt take a whole punch of pictures during the install will install the usb in and take more pictures.. i think i put the mounting bracket on the wrong hole so it doesn't fit in hole perfect. so gonna try to adjust that and see what happens but i am going to get my camera and post what pictures i got and if yall want i can try to write a step by step of what i did if anybody is interested

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
correct me if i am wrong people but here i got...
avic-f700bt which they stopped making has gps and if you can find one it will be around the same as the 4100 i have but i dont think it plays dvds
avic-f900bt cost alot more but it can play dvds and has gps and alot of extras that can go with it. only 5.8" screen not bad

never seen anybody talk about this one but still a pioneer
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT "In-Dash Double DIN 4.3" Touch Screen Monitor w/ CD, MP3, WMA, AAC, SD, USB Reciever. Built-in Bluetooth and GPS Navigation"
but oncea again not dvd so but right around the price of the 700bt but im not sure if you can still get a 700bt

since i already have a gps didn't really want my head unit to have gps so i did not do much research just here is a few things i looked up for you may not be 100 % correct but all those are pioneer and have gps

are you looking for gps single din flip up or double din also do you want to be able to play dvds

if you post that people maybe able to give you ideas on what you are looking for

added for your post below

Jensen VM9022HDN In-Dash Receivers with Built-in GPS Navigation Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix
$600 i like Jensen but i dont know anything about this one plays dvd and comes with everything you want

Pioneer AVIC-U310BT
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT (avicu310bt) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix
Comes with bluetooth, and gps ipod control abut 25-30 bucks but not touch screen and a small screen less than 5 inch but a detachable faceplate

when i purchased mine i looked around alot best thing to do is go to sonicelectronix i liked there search method for stuff alot better than crutchfield but check on both and then check prices around on other websites

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i want something cheap less than 500bucks. i would like to have gps, ipod controls, bluetooth, and touch screen. dvd doesnt really matter to me. i would prefer a double din since they fit nice into our dash.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
new in box was so excited

steering wheel controls havent put in yet but when i do i will post it up

Dismantling Dash

pry off top tray in my case Garmin docking system

Take screw off below tray as in picture

Pry off the panel and this is what it looks like
#4 picture with panel off

Everything out pain in the butt sometimes to get the clips off the ac controls and back of stock headunit

To take cd player out removed 4 screws on mounting bracket and unplug controls out of the back
Pic of dash with cd player out

Installing
Wanted to put in got excited only took 1 pic
Will add more when I have to take back apart and do a few things to it

Making wire connections

#2 coming soon like I said

Installed

#1 watching Kingdom of Heaven and my Garmin above

#2 see how there is a little gap on bottom and to high on the top there was 2 different mounting hole when putting the bracket on the headunit. when I take back apart gonna move mounting bracket around and see if it will fix this problem

Future

gonna try to install steering wheel controls got to put 1 resistor on 1 wire 1 on another attach them 2 a wire and ground but want to make a box to hold the resistors so they aren’t dangling around in my dash don’t think they would last very long
[/IMG]

Where aux port is I am taking aux out and putting usb like some one else did previously will post name when I remember who did this

Purchased the headunit looked for the cheapest on the internet
And panel/ modeling tool removal

Purchased wiring harness
Nissan wiring harness
Nis path/frontier/xterra kit( dash kit only used 1 piece but that one piece makes it look a whole lot better)
PAC SWI-Ps Pioneer and Sony steering wheel interface
From crutchfield so I could get crutchfield tech support and cuchtfield sheet
also picked up a 4 prong relay at advanced

Just today I purchased

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the model for this usb cable that you bought from L-com and how much did it cost. Also what is the cover pictured above it did you purchase that from the same place?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts