Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, its a 2007 frontier LWB crewcab 4x4 LE, love it so far seem's like i'll keep it for a while, i would love to lift it to fit 285/75/16 BFG AT's that i have, really against trimming any fender plastics. seems like more than 3inch of lift are needed for those tires. Any one know of a good lift that will keep my same driving impressions of the truck right now, I love the way this baby drives, compared to my uni-body pathfinder with a 3 inch lift.

To maintain ride i supposed i would be leaning towards a body lift?

Thanks guys looks like a great forum, haven't read any Bull:fullofit:**** posts that tend to ruin a good forum fast

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have the same truck and I have a leveling kit, 2" front and 1.5" rear. Lots of people have put 285's on with this lift. Personally I would go a little higher. I think the 2" leveling kit and a 2" body lift would look great with 285's or 305's (33X12 or 12.5)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Check on a few other threads, there are plenty, I think there are a few variables to consider. Aftermarket rims are probably the biggest variable with different backspacing, some rub more than others. With a 2" leveling kit you might have to loose the front mud flaps. With a 3" leveling kit, you'll get more coil bucket contact but some guys do it any way for more clearance. I wouldn't go more than 2" in front without the PRG UCA's, they get rid of a lot of contact and give you about an extra 1" of droop with a built in bump stop. The PRG UCA's also give you the extra room to use the 3" front spacers. If I remember correct, its only plastic that get trimmed, when necessary, to fit 285's.

Just saw your other post. With the 2" leveling kit and 2" body lift its very unlikely to rub the body. Some after market rims do cause the tire to rub the frame if the wrong backspacing is used. With stock rims its doubtful that there would be any rubbing. I would still check with others to see what combo they have and what issues they have, if any.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The only trimming I think you would need to do is on the front splash guards. The little valance piece under the front bumper is pointless and you can unsrew, remove, and store it away for a rainy day.

There are different companies out there with similar spacer lifts, all the same idea. I believe they range from 2 - 3"s. Just remember the lower you stay the less wear on CV's, suspension pieces, etc. and its easier to align.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
skip the cheap stuff. Don't waste your money on spacers.

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
i have the exacr same truck and am running the same tires with 3" coil-overs and a 2" body lift with no problems. i did have to cut the mud flaps in half, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts