Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a pretty good deal on a 2002 Frontier Xe extended cab with 118K. Mostly to use on weekends to haul my yz250 and go riding.

The truck is in pretty great shape. Just a couple things wrong with it. One thing I did not notice until I drove it home was the temperature gauge not working.

I double checked the connections. I removed the Temperature switch and got continuity on the connector and the bit of exposed wire before the plug. I found a fuse inside the connector and with continuity going through it, that connection should be good. I also replaced the temperature switch just in case and still get no reading. I tried grounding the connector with a piece of 18awg wire and the gauge did not move at all. Is there any possible fix that does not involve the instrument cluster? Not sure if replacing the thermostat would do anything. Since I tried grounding and still got no reading it should be the connection to the cluster.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks! Hoping to gain some knowledge on this truck so I can share it with some others in the future.

Adam

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome on board! Glad to have you here. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! You'll find just about anything you might have questions about there. Have fun surfing around!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts