Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post a couple of pic's of my new radio install.
This is what I installed all bought from:
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Part number# Pioneer CD-IU200V
Pioneer SiriusConnect™ Adapter
Plus the harness.
I also bought Double DIN/ISO DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2009 Nissan Frontier LE/SE
Metra 99-7428B (Black) (met-997428b) Nissan Installation Kits Car Stereo (Head Unit) Installation Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix. I bought this before Crutchfield where giving it away.

Install was simple did it in 2 hrs. This included the Auto Relay to bypass the parking break.
Couple of pics:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just bought the exact same set up. Couple of questions...

What wire did you use to power the Sirius unit and did you just stash it behind the desk?

Do you think the face plate and tray clash? Some people have said the color isn't an exact match.

Where did you run the Sat antenna?

How does it sound with the stock speakers?

Any other hints/advice?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just bought the exact same set up. Couple of questions...

What wire did you use to power the Sirius unit and did you just stash it behind the desk?

Do you think the face plate and tray clash? Some people have said the color isn't an exact match.

Where did you run the Sat antenna?

How does it sound with the stock speakers?

Any other hints/advice?
Answer to your questions:
I used the power wire from the harness for the Sirius unit.
I find the Face plate is a perfect match.
I ran the SAT antenna near the back above the passanger door driverside. Tucked it behind the weather stripping. Then ran it under the drivers seat and floor mat. Not pro but good for me.
I think the sound is the best part. For stock speakers I like it.

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
i love my avic D3, definitely the best stereo i've ever owned (or used in any car really). hope you like yours as much!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Answer to your questions:
I used the power wire from the harness for the Sirius unit.
I find the Face plate is a perfect match.
I ran the SAT antenna near the back above the passanger door driverside. Tucked it behind the weather stripping. Then ran it under the drivers seat and floor mat. Not pro but good for me.
I think the sound is the best part. For stock speakers I like it.

Regarding the Sirius unit, there are two pieces? The Pioneer Sirius Bus Interface and then the Sirius Connect Unit from sirius? I just opened my box from Crutchfield and I am looking at all of my pieces trying to map out my install. I am thinking I will:

--Remove the faceplate, oem radio and hvac controls
--Connect Crutchfield wiring hareness to OEM harness
--power up sirius bus, sirius connect, and bluetooth to power from radio
--run Sirius antenna
--run bluetooth mic
--run ipod and usb cord to top glove box(don't think I will ever use the usb)
--reconnect hvac controls to new plate
--connect everything to head unit
--put in head unit

Am I going in the right order here??????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regarding the Sirius unit, there are two pieces? The Pioneer Sirius Bus Interface and then the Sirius Connect Unit from sirius? I just opened my box from Crutchfield and I am looking at all of my pieces trying to map out my install. I am thinking I will:

--Remove the faceplate, oem radio and hvac controls
--Connect Crutchfield wiring hareness to OEM harness
--power up sirius bus, sirius connect, and bluetooth to power from radio
--run Sirius antenna
--run bluetooth mic
--run ipod and usb cord to top glove box(don't think I will ever use the usb)
--reconnect hvac controls to new plate
--connect everything to head unit
--put in head unit

Am I going in the right order here??????
Looks good the only issue is the IPOD cable you have to connect the USB that comes with the head unit to the USB that is on the IPOD cable then connect both the USB and the 3mm pin connector to the back of the head unit.
Also the whole center console comes out you can not just take the faceplate off. Pry the tray off at the top of the console then unscrew the center screw. Then pull the whole console out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just wanted to post a couple of pic's of my new radio install.
This is what I installed all bought from:
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
iPod® interface cable for the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Part number# Pioneer CD-IU200V
Pioneer SiriusConnect™ Adapter
Plus the harness.
I also bought Double DIN/ISO DIN Installation Dash Kit for 2009 Nissan Frontier LE/SE
Metra 99-7428B (Black) (met-997428b) Nissan Installation Kits Car Stereo (Head Unit) Installation Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix. I bought this before Crutchfield where giving it away.

Install was simple did it in 2 hrs. This included the Auto Relay to bypass the parking break.
Couple of pics:

joker2168,

I just installed a AVH-P6000DVD in a 2006 Frontier Crew Cab. Please tell me how you installed an "auto relay by-pass". I need to do the same. Your help is much appreciated.

nissanjoe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts