Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a 2 hour install of a Cold Air Intake I bought from Ebay. I know, 2 hours is a long time... but I took my time and enjoyed this install.

Here is the link: 99-04 NISSAN FRONTIER 3.3L V6 AIR INTAKE HEATSHIELD 00:eBay Motors (item 360136433821 end time Aug-01-09 14:02:42 PDT)

I am very impressed with the quality of the system I received. The emailed directions were 10 pages long and included pictures for each step. It described exactly how to remove the old intake system and then step by step for the installation of the new system.

The cone filter is washable, the heat shield fit perfectly and all the necessary hardware was included. Someone put time and effort making this system fit perfectly in our trucks.

I was curious where the temp sensor would go and it plugs into the end of the cone filter. No need to lengthen the lines, it snapped right in.

I installed a Stillen catback exhaust last week and this intake should work well with it.

Next project is a Garmin Nuvi GPS mounted and hardwired to the dash.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No pics installed? :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Since you asked, I'll try to post some pics....

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have always said... an intake is a tube with a filter on the end. No more, no less. Looks good. Get an Apexi filter if you want to upgrade.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
578 Posts
can you notice an increase in power or sound

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
kinda makes me wish i went this route instead of getting the expensive k&n set up. looks like an aem brute force knock off which aint bad, glad you like it man i know my truck woke up a bit with the intake/exhust combo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, I didn't expect to notice much with my Stillen exhaust but it was a definite improvement.

Your right, the new intake adds some more power and the sound is better. Not a big increase, but together with the exhaust I can tell a difference.

It looks like an intake and exhaust are the 2 best things we can cheaply do for our Frontiers performance.
There doesn't seem to be any good performance chips available for our engines.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Nice, $50 is an awesome price for an intake, especially if it's as good as you say and you're happy with it.
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
This has to be one of the best bang for your buck mods for the 1st gen. I just wish I had seen this before I bought my drop in filter.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This has to be one of the best bang for your buck mods for the 1st gen. I just wish I had seen this before I bought my drop in filter.
+1 same here, had I known I would've jumped all over that...

·
Registered
890 Posts
:worthless_thread:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I posted 2 pictures of my cold air intake.
Can you not see or find them??

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought this but it did not come with any direction in the box or none were emailed to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Call the Ebay seller of the cold air intake: racing_guys at 1-626-435-2981.
I did and they emailed a PDF file with the instructions. I think they do it that way because it's 10 pages long with all the pictures.

They are in California and don't open until 10:00am if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Decided to go ahead and buy this exact intake. I was impressed by the quality, but mine arrived missing 3 nuts for the heatshield assembly :( I installed it anyway and contacted the seller. It also didn't come with instructions, but I figured it out on my own ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts