Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Nismo side steps for my '06 Nismo CC 4x4. I think the fit and finish is great. They are made out of aluminum with a rough texture. So they are light and the grey/aluminum finish will look nice with my storm grey truck. I read the directions and could not believe how easy they will be to install. No drilling. 8) The truck comes with 6 welded studs on each side. The mounting brackets (also nice quality) are designed with two holes that simply slide over the studs. Tighten down the supplied nuts and voila, brackets are mounted. The step rails simply are placed on the curved part of the brackets. There are mounting holes in the rails. Place the supplied boilts through the bracket into the rails and it's done. I'm guessing 10 minutes each side to mount. If anyone is thinking about side steps (tubes) I highly recommend the factory ones. If you don't have them, look under the edge of your truck for the mounting studs. My Nismo came with them. Not sure about non-Nismo trucks.

2006NISMO

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I added them to my NISMO as well, installation was a piece of cake! One piece of advice, don't tighten the screws that hold the tube to the bracket too tight, I twisted the head of one off, and I recall another member doing the same! Post some pics when you get them installed!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul thanks for the tip.

I will install them on Saturday and take some pictures and post them.

cheers,

2006nismo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Paul good to see I am not the only one who broke a bolt installing these. Makes me feel a little better.

Will

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yea, cheap aluminum bolts! :x

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Are these the same side steps that come on the LE's? If they are I was told by a local plater that they are made of a composite material and that he would not be able to polish them. And It is very easy to twist the bolts off. When I removed mine to install the Maniks I thought I was not going to be able to remove the like new bolts.

Once I got them off I used a tap and die set to clean the bolts and the nuts so that the
person I sold them to would not have the same trouble I did.

OkieScot

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what they look like (at least one side)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally, got the image to post

:lol: 2006nismo

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
It works for me and it looks just like the ones on my '05 LE.

OkieScot

·
Registered
4 Posts
HOW MUCH IS IT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GISMO said:
HOW MUCH IS IT
Gismo:

I bought them from my Nissan dealership. They wanted $320 but had a 15% discount.
So I got them for $272.

06NISMO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts