Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2016 Frontier SV, with short bed and Crew Cab. This is my 2nd Frontier, had one that I bought new in 2006. I have some questions about some things I want to do to customize it:

1) I want to install a tonneau cover but the one that I want does not lock, it depends on the tailgate to lock. My tailgate does not have a lock. Can I add one to the existing release handle or will I need to replace it? I do not want a power lock, just something manual.

2) I have noticed that there are not a lot of options for aftermarket rear bumpers. I am looking for a rugged black bumper. Suggestions?

3) I have gotten spoiled by a rear view camera for backing up? Any good suggestions on those?

Thanks, and looking forward to being able to give help to others in the future.

Shane

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Frontier SV, with short bed and Crew Cab. This is my 2nd Frontier, had one that I bought new in 2006. I have some questions about some things I want to do to customize it:

1) I want to install a tonneau cover but the one that I want does not lock, it depends on the tailgate to lock. My tailgate does not have a lock. Can I add one to the existing release handle or will I need to replace it? I do not want a power lock, just something manual.

2) I have noticed that there are not a lot of options for aftermarket rear bumpers. I am looking for a rugged black bumper. Suggestions?

3) I have gotten spoiled by a rear view camera for backing up? Any good suggestions on those?

Thanks, and looking forward to being able to give help to others in the future.

Shane
I thought all the 2016's had rear view camera and manual locking tailgate? If not all then at least the SV's and higher. My 2014 SV has that but it also has the value package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no camera on mine. I suspect you can add it from the dealer, as with the lock, but I am dealer-averse....LOL.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nope, no camera on mine. I suspect you can add it from the dealer, as with the lock, but I am dealer-averse....LOL.
I just looked at the 2016 frontiers and even the S model has the locking tailgate. So strange yours does not. I have never seen one without it.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
The SV VTPackage comes w/ rear camera...but I too was thinking all Frontiers came w/ locking tailgates?

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I just looked this up and ALL '16 Frontier trim levels come w/ a locking tailgate. Canadian spec perhaps?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just bought a wireless backup camera for my 2012 SV. It's Yada brand and sold at Costco for $109. Install was simple. Mounts on top of license plate and is spliced into the backup tail light. Powers on the monitor when I put the truck in reverse. Transmits wirelessly and almost instantaneously (real time) to a 5" dash monitor. I mounted mine above the dash coin tray and ran the wire underneath the dash and behind the stereo down to the cigarette lighter. Works great. Image is more clear than my wife's 2015 Durango Citadel factory camera, night or day.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts