Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the 2022 Frontier SV CC from the Nissan Dealership today. Its been pretty nice so far. It came with the technology and convenience package as well as a few other things.

1. The side steps on my 2019 Frontier SV CC (first pic) fit precise on the new 2022 Frontier. They wanted to charge me 500.00 w/ 3hrs of labor that literally to 20 mins to unscrew and re-attach from one to the other. They fit just fine after having to tighten them a little more.
2. The bed extender on my 2019 Frontier is too small for the bed of the new truck. Future purchase.
3. I will be getting it diamond coated, etc. next. I may get the front windows tinted to match the back windows.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 S King Cab
195 Posts
Did you trade your 19? Did the dealer give you anything off the sticker on the 22? Lots of discussion about whether they can sell SV's for msrp like they can the P4X...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just picked up the 2022 Frontier SV CC from the Nissan Dealership today. Its been pretty nice so far. It came with the technology and convenience package as well as a few other things.

1. The side steps on my 2019 Frontier SV CC (first pic) fit precise on the new 2022 Frontier. They wanted to charge me 500.00 w/ 3hrs of labor that literally to 20 mins to unscrew and re-attach from one to the other. They fit just fine after having to tighten them a little more.
2. The bed extender on my 2019 Frontier is too small for the bed of the new truck. Future purchase.
3. I will be getting it diamond coated, etc. next. I may get the front windows tinted to match the back windows.
View attachment 337399 View attachment 337400
Can you elaborate on how your bed extender is too small? I have not seen any evidence that the bed dimensions have changed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you elaborate on how your bed extender is too small? I have not seen any evidence that the bed dimensions have changed
It had the 2019 bed extender on it. The 22 bed is a little taller. I actually put it in hopes of it fitting. It actually sat back a little angle vs being level. It was fine width wise, but height wise it was short. My 2019 had the metal rail system with the plastic over it. The 22 doesn’t have that feature.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It had the 2019 bed extender on it. The 22 bed is a little taller. I actually put it in hopes of it fitting. It actually sat back a little angle vs being level. It was fine width wise, but height wise it was short. My 2019 had the metal rail system with the plastic over it. The 22 doesn’t have that feature.
Well that sucks..was planning on swapping mine over too

·
Registered
80 Posts
Couldn't you just put some bigger bump stops on the extender?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pic 2: You can see where the 2019 Bed extender rubs against the side of the bed when you flip it out. Those are pushed out more vs. the 2019 which were flat. Width wise it fits fine, its the height that is the issue. My 2019 had the rail systm on the bed of the truck with plastic covering over it. That is what the extender sat on.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pic 2: You can see where the 2019 Bed extender rubs against the side of the bed when you flip it out. Those are pushed out more vs. the 2019 which were flat. Width wise it fits fine, its the height that is the issue. My 2019 had the rail systm on the bed of the truck with plastic covering over it. That is what the extender sat on.
I had a video of opening the bed but it wont upload. It opens slowly and does not slam down.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did you trade your 19? Did the dealer give you anything off the sticker on the 22? Lots of discussion about whether they can sell SV's for msrp like they can the P4X...
I haven't seen any dealer sellling a 22 for LESS than MSRP. that is out of about 7 dealers.
S, SV or PROX-4X. More than likely, you will pay MORE for a Prox-4x because they are the FIRST ones that sell.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So to clarify, are you talking about the bed extender that is fixed or the sliding bed extender ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put my bed extender from my 2019 in my 2022 with not problems. You're correct that is does not sit even without the bottom slide rail covers but it still works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts