Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm moving cross country on Monday (Las Vegas to Boston), and my old truck (chevy k1500) was not up to the task... too many miles, too old for me to feel safe, not enough power from the engine to pull the trailer.

So I sold it (and my boat and my old saab), and bought a 2002 Frontier SC 4x4 King Cab a couple weeks back.
It is awesome!!! Got a decent deal on it, as it needs a little body work... it also needed a full tune-up which I've been picking away at over the last two weeks.

Airbag light was flashing, and SES light was on, but a new engine ground ($4) from the cyl head to the intake fixed the SES light, and the procedure on this forum fixed the airbag light (likely from a radio replacement).

Now all that is left is to load up the truck and trailer and... start driving!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and this isn't my first nissan... Should'a stuck with it since the beginning!

'85 nissan maxima... rust took it off the road in mid-'97
'87 nissan sentra... eaten by an F150 on I-87 in upstate new york
'84 nissan sentra... carb problems, donated it to charity
'88 nissan maxima... at 200K miles it just had too many issues to be worth fixing... donated to charity
'85 nissan 300zx... AWESOME car, digital dash worked perfect, loved it until I rear-ended a suburban with a closing speed of 30mph... I was fine, car was done
'87 toyota supra, nice car but should've gotten another 300zx... sold it
'92 nissan hardbody, very solid truck, 2.4, 5-speed, 4x4, ran awesome! But it was a regular cab and i needed more space. Sold it to buy...
'94 nissan pathfinder, great truck, wheeled it a bit, somewhat anemic 3.0 engine, frame rotted out, sold cheap
'90 subaru legacy, solid car, neat boxer engine, sold to a friend
'03 toyota matrix... got it cheap, hated every minute of it, sold it cheap
'94 chevy k1500... good deal on it, ran decent the last 2 years i had it, but at 210K miles the engine was getting tired, and, again, it was regular cab, not enough space! Sold 2 weeks ago to buy the fronty
'95 saab 900s... got it for more space while I had the chevy... piece of junk! badly maintained saabs... don't even think about getting one! Sold really cheap.

And now, solar yellow '02 nissan frontier SC 4x4 king cab!
If only it had a 5-speed, I'd probably keep it for the next 5 years! As it is, it'll be with me at least two... so far I like everything about it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts