Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been a long time Yota owner. Was a Tundras.com member for over 7 years. Member #378. Ha! Just traded in my 14 on this newly redesigned Frontier! I only have 45 miles on it. Will be taking it up to my grouse hunting spot tomorrow for it's first 4X4 wheeling try out. I'm really liking this new Frontier. Plenty of pep, nice interior, seats are quite comfortable, plenty of head room. Rides great. It looks fantastic. I have future plans for this new Frontier. Full skids, sliders, mild mid travel lift, and tires. On to new adventures!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

My 07 Tundra
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

The 14 I just traded in. Was still in the mod process.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I definitely went another direction this time around. I'm quite pleased. I got tired of scratching the hell out of my Black Tundra. Time to downsize a bit and not into the latest Gen Taco's at all. I had an 09 Taco that was pretty decent and reliable. I've been following this Frontier re-design since Feb. Glad I waited!

·
Registered
2022 frontier s crew cab 4x4 and 2000 frontier xe crew cab 4x4
13 Posts
Once you go Frontier you'll never go back! Drove my first Nissan hard body in 86, purchased new a Frontier in 2000 (still own) and now my new 2022 Frontier
Driven everything else but most comfortable and fun ride in the Nissan.
My third car is a 1990 Jeep YJ that I completely restored

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,113 Posts
Scratches on a truck - any colour - are normal, in my eyes. My black Frontier has thousands of them, as it hits the hunting grounds often. It's purpose is to get me into the bushes. Enjoy the new Frontier. When the time comes for me to replace my ol 2007, I am going to have to consider which direction I go - as I find myself towing a heavy trailer for 1000's of kilometres when I head out, and my old V6 guzzles gas and struggles going up the mountains around here.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scratches on a truck - any colour - are normal, in my eyes. My black Frontier has thousands of them, as it hits the hunting grounds often. It's purpose is to get me into the bushes. Enjoy the new Frontier. When the time comes for me to replace my ol 2007, I am going to have to consider which direction I go - as I find myself towing a heavy trailer for 1000's of kilometres when I head out, and my old V6 guzzles gas and struggles going up the mountains around here.
I don't mind scratches so much. It's unavoidable but black was simply becoming a pain and the old mining and Forest Service roads here can get quite narrow. That was the big issue. Size. A full size truck has a big footprint and quite frankly was getting tired squeezing through some of these trails. More and more folks are hitting up the high country here going too fast with their atv's, side by sides, and whatnot clogging things up too much now. I decided to downsize again but a Taco was out of the picture.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't mind scratches so much. It's unavoidable but black was simply becoming a pain and the old mining and Forest Service roads here can get quite narrow. That was the big issue. Size. A full size truck has a big footprint and quite frankly was getting tired squeezing through some of these trails. More and more folks are hitting up the high country here going too fast with their atv's, side by sides, and whatnot clogging things up too much now. I decided to downsize again but a Taco was out of the picture.
The third gen taco is the worst of the bunch. The 3.5 V6 and 6 speed are horrible. Your 09 was better then the new ones. And Toyota is probably 2 years out for their 4th gen so you made a good choice going with the Nissan. Ford might beat this with their next gen ranger but that's still over a year out as well. And even that won't offer a LWB crew cab like Nissan offers.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The third gen taco is the worst of the bunch. The 3.5 V6 and 6 speed are horrible. Your 09 was better then the new ones. And Toyota is probably 2 years out for their 4th gen so you made a good choice going with the Nissan. Ford might beat this with their next gen ranger but that's still over a year out as well. And even that won't offer a LWB crew cab like Nissan offers.
Yep. Also Toyota clearcoat was notoriously quite thin. What should be a simple pinstripe ends up being a deep scratch. I was getting too many white scratches! I really liked my 09 Taco. Drove it up to Anchorage and back almost 10 years ago for a job up there. Very reliable truck. The new Taco's have poor shift mapping. Tranny constantly hunts and like you mentioned that new 3.5 was not an improvement either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts