Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 SV V6 Kingcab Frontier and was thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust installed. Can anyone break down the pro's and cons between Magnaflow and Flowmaster?

Thanks,
Ivan

·
Vendor
2,584 Posts
Hello Ivan, welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase! Would be great to see it. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place. If you ever have any questions, there's definitely a great team of owners and vendors that are happy to help.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I went with JBA after looking firsthand at the construction and materials used in all of the different brands. Haven't been disappointed one bit. It costs a bit more perhaps, but it seems worth it to me to buy something that'll last if you intend on keeping your vehicle.

For the record I got their titanium coated headers paired up with the non-resonating cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to the club, so far I like the sound of the stock exhaust so I'm planning on suspension and armor upgrades before even thinking about an exhaust system ::smile::

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the club, so far I like the sound of the stock exhaust so I'm planning on suspension and armor upgrades before even thinking about an exhaust system ::smile::

Personally I agree. Especially sounds good on a cold morning, got a deep note and a nice burble to it. I'm gonna focus on off-road before exhaust, but I'm interested in what exhaust you end up with OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,096 Posts
I went with JBA after looking firsthand at the construction and materials used in all of the different brands. Haven't been disappointed one bit. It costs a bit more perhaps, but it seems worth it to me to buy something that'll last if you intend on keeping your vehicle.

For the record I got their titanium coated headers paired up with the non-resonating cat back exhaust.
Grommit, at cruising speeds: are you drone-free, or acceptable drone in your opinion? How was the install: headers and cat-back? Any issues as far as fitment/etc...? Ordered online?
TIA

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 15580 SS Cat-Back Exhaust and you get a loud drone-ing sound at around 3000 RPM when driving around town.
You may be better off with the Flowmaster ???

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I just bought a 2017 SV V6 Kingcab Frontier and was thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust installed. Can anyone break down the pro's and cons between Magnaflow and Flowmaster?

Ivan
Either one would be good but would need to consider the type of driving you will be doing (off-roading, commuting, etc.). My dad had a FM 40 but the drone was terrible - he went back to stock.

I'm pretty pleased with the FM 50 CB with side exit duals and with 18" SS tips (not true duals). It does have a nice growl which I get compliments all the time (granted, it is no V-8). Drone is tolerable - adding DynaMat or other vibration/sound deadening material within the cab helps a bit, but sound still travels through the windows.

I added a FM Heat Shield which toned it down a bit too. View the FM Sound chart/graph I've attached and you drill down to the model you select. All comes down to what you are after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
stock exhaust note is the jam on these trucks.

the y pipe setup sucks, and the secondary cats can be swapped for resonators. this will get you a little more ponies for a much cheaper price than all the huge kits. and a little better sound. but this overall is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts