Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, a couple of days ago I blocked the EGR on my 2008 D40 YD25 Manual (i.e. no DPF). Was easy to do, all I did was remove the gasket from where the EGR goes into the intake, and made a new gasket without a hole in the middle with a piece of copper sheet.

As for gains, not much up high but I have noticed a difference down low before turbo kicks in, as now it drives like a NA diesel up to about 1200rpm which is where the turbo kicks in and is just like it was before, so now its easy to drive around town without revving it past 2000rpm. Biggest difference I have noticed is a lot less smoke now. I haven't driven it in conditions where I need to give it heaps so I don't know if it induce a code under heavy load, however I am under the impression that the EGR is shut down by the ECU under heavy loads (can anyone confirm this) so I don't think it will cause any problems under high boost conditions but time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey mate I have had my egr blocked for ages now with no codes or engine lights.
I never really noticed a big difference but I did it almost from new so didn't have much to compare with.

I was just happy to keep all that black gunk out of my motor!

·
Registered
509 Posts
egr is typically off at full throttle. hence why you don't get any gain up high. it is generally on full at cruise.
if you get any problems what some do is drill a hole in the plate and fit it on the exhaust side of the valve. all that does is limits how much egr goes in which makes it run cleaner which in turn makes the EGR gas that pumped back into the engine cleaner. but because your putting some in it keeps the ecu happy.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you foreigners and your desiel engines!!! lol im jelous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts