Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don´t like forums for how-tos. Especially for trying to moderate the simple one off questions. Pics and text are just hard to sometimes state what you are doing. Don´t get me wrong it´s better than nothing.

So just a thought I had while spending time on vacation. Why not a video how to.

I´ve been getting a ton of questions on KS, thermal amp, etc. It´s so hard to explain. When a video would work so much more.

I also want to control the content as well which I cannot do that here. The vids would not go to youtube either. I would be vids I control.

Anyone have any input on this. Just a thought, I would still post here.

First project would be (i think) my e-fan redo.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I will think about doing something simple when i return to the states.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That would be very cool man.... Ill start shooting vid of my mods too then... that way when its up and running, I can just send them to you..

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
heres your idea for running a pay per view HOW TO web site. and build from others info and vids if well done. people pay for typed advise, theyll pay for videod well done how to's also. Just remember who gave to the PPV idea. and if it takes off. just send me a new Camaro or Challenger

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can post up vids from anywhere.

If a lot of people are downloading the vids then I would have to move them as bandwidth costs money. But, till then I want to control them a bit.

Again this is just ideas in my head.

As for advertising all I sort of care about would be the cost of the site for the year. Maybe allow ads later but you all know how I hate ads on this site.

I would also accept vids from others as well. I just don´t have a good software tools to do the nice vid work. As it take time to cut good video. Plus my camera is like six years old.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Why not just make sure all vids are uploaded using youtube.

Start a new account.. have them all in one place.

I like having the addition of a forum, so with the video you can discuss any issues, new or old as you are working.

I myself don't think a whole new site is needed.. jsut a stronger presence for us 1st Gens here..

I would definitely like to see the 1st Gen FAQ's or Stickies page redone. Theres a lot of missing info, and what is on the forum is so scattered it takes 30 mins to find any relevant info.. which is why the same new threads always pop up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
sounds like a cool idea id love to see your vids

1 - 10 of 10 Posts