Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went on vacation to the Southwest corner of Colorado to do some off-roading in my side by side. The truck performed flawlessly for the load it was hauling. We maintained a steady 10 MPG driving 65 MPH and hauling around 4500 lbs.

Entering Colorado:

Red Mountain Pass (11,018 feet):

Our campsite:

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
10 mpg seems respectable with the tow load

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,023 Posts
Nice pics. If you are going to tow that much weight often, I would advise you to consider some air bags for the rear suspension to prevent your springs from flattening out

·
Registered
6 Posts
So within the next week I will be in a 16 SV 4x4. 4.0 .. towing my boat at approximately 1700 lbs. Relatively flat midwest interstate should I expect 12+ mpgs or so? Looking forward to this truck ownership!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
DaBones, I'd say 12 to 13 would probably be conservative. You might see better. Zedbra's comment from above is from 2016 but still relevant, I have the Firestone RideRites mounted and they are great, some minor modding during installation but afterwards, zero hassle, zero maintenance and honestly with 22PSI in them, I think the truck rides better than it did stock.
I have a completely stock HD suspension otherwise, just the Pro4 OE uprated springs with OE Bilstein shocks, so that gives a good baseline before mods. I'm adding a 2" lift in the Spring and possibly another leaf in the rears.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I got 13.3MPG towing a 2500# boat from Tampa to Miami and back. I ran with the OD off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I finally test drove a 16 SV last night. I did see about 3500 rpms at 60 mph in "3" .. about 2250 rpms in D. Where should rpms be in D without OD?? Loved the truck and 4 wheel discs stopping power. Didn't love the steering but not enough to kill a purchase. What is the decked out model on these trucks?? Backup cam.. heated power seats.. etc.??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts