Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was rotating my tires the other day in preparation for a drive to Florida. While taking the right rear tire off I was looking at the axle housing and saw a little dampness around the breather valve but no big deal as if it breathes there will be a little mist so just to check I tried to turn the cover and it was stuck so I tried a little harder and it came loose and some crusty debris fell out and now is fine again. What surprised me is the truck only has 17,500 miles on it.
So since it takes only a minute to go under your truck to check I'm suggesting you do it just for peace of mind.

Clint

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was rotating my tires the other day in preparation for a drive to Florida. While taking the right rear tire off I was looking at the axle housing and saw a little dampness around the breather valve but no big deal as if it breathes there will be a little mist so just to check I tried to turn the cover and it was stuck so I tried a little harder and it came loose and some crusty debris fell out and now is fine again. What surprised me is the truck only has 17,500 miles on it.
So since it takes only a minute to go under your truck to check I'm suggesting you do it just for peace of mind.

Clint
Yep. The breather is a known problem - check every oil change, really, or just do the breather line extension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts