Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get a new phone, which meant a new case. Ended up getting one with a metal center/back for a kickstand, which was touted as supporting a magnetic mount in a car.

So I also bought a cheap mag-mount. Went with a stick-on. Mounted it just to the left of the center stack, to the right of the dash cluster. It seems to fit OK. We'll see how it holds up.

This is the one I bought:

Since it's a two-pack, if I like mine my wife might want the other one in her Jeep Renegade. We'll see.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
225 Posts
I was actually just looking up phone mounts just today. Ended up going with a cheapo vent clip mount from eBay. I've always used CD mounts in past vehicles, but I'm not liking the way it's working on the Frontier.

At first, I was worried about putting my phone where it would be blasted by heat, but then I realized that I only blow heat at the floor and side vents, not the center ones. Hope it works okay

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vents end up used too much here for a vent-mount to be practical. I might also end up changing out the radio, haven't decided yet. This pair was pretty cheap, like fifteen bucks.

I've got the top of the phone set to just let me see the front of the hood. High enough to be usable but not so high as to be another obstruction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts