Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for bringing that up. I hadn't even thought about the brake lines. I'm just trying to get the most travel that I can.

So your shocks are longer than stock or not? Thats weird if they are stock length and any longer would require extended bake lines because I put these shackles on my 2005 and noticed the rear end on that truck could droop a lot further than the stock shocks allowed (atleast 3-4 inches). Even with the shocks unbolted the springs would completely relax with the weight of the axle and the brake lines were still fine.

By the way, your truck is looking great. I hope to get a set of those 285/70's some day, and great job on the gutters too.
The shocks are stock length. Maybe I am off about the brake lines. I've taken apart my rear suspension so many times now. I forgot which time I dropped the rear end down without unclipping the brake lines and the lines maxed out. There probably is enough slack to droop out a 2" shackle and no shocks (or extended shocks) to limit the spring. Still, I'd feel better if the shocks and lines matched the lift. With the 2" shackle I would like to have at least an extra inch on the shocks.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The shocks are stock length. Maybe I am off about the brake lines. I've taken apart my rear suspension so many times now. I forgot which time I dropped the rear end down without unclipping the brake lines and the lines maxed out. There probably is enough slack to droop out a 2" shackle and no shocks (or extended shocks) to limit the spring. Still, I'd feel better if the shocks and lines matched the lift. With the 2" shackle I would like to have at least an extra inch on the shocks.
You are right, my '05 was different as far as abs/brake lines are concerned, and could droop all the way without the shocks attached. I ended up putting the shackles on my current truck and indeed had to unclip the brake lines. They are just long enough for the stock shocks, and not much more than that. I was kind of bummed out about that. Que sera sera.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice truck! I really like those tires but I don't know if they'd be a good DD...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I've been busy modding again, this time with OEM upgrades.

The original vinyl steering wheel was coming off its frame. The 12 o'clock position was pretty loose. Its been like that since I bought the truck. I've been keeping my eye out on a replacement. I found a BNIB graphite leather wheel on evilbay. The color is a bit darker than the steel color. Feels like a new truck! I also picked up a set of Pathfinder window switch covers from a forum mate. The covers help break up all the gray, though it does not match the original accents.

I also snatched up a 2013 tailgate spoiler from another member. Instead of drilling dozens of holes, I used 3m tape. I had to cut and grind down all the original clips and studs on the back of the spoiler to make it sit flush. Also the original emblem is way to big. I found a smaller emblem off a 7th gen Maxima which does not quite cover the original holes. It'll have to do.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I also installed a Playstation 2. I found it in the dumpster at work! I already have a power inverter installed so I just needed RCA extensions to connect it to my head unit. It fits in the lower glove box.

A shot of my sub, which just fits on the floor behind the seat.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Boy I have been slacking, its been almost a years since I updated my build.

Thule fairing and Hella FF75 driving lights. I lucked out and the two married without any extra work. I tucked a wire in the windshield trim and grounded the lights to the roof rack.

I wired up a 12v outlet for my plow beacon. Its mounted between the rear seat and door. Switch is out of an old Pathfinder.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Some new winter threads, Cooper Discoverer M+S. Really great snow tire.

Worn out 265/70r16 vs new 265/75r16

LT285/70r16 vs 265/75r16

In action.

I also installed OEM side steps.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The Rancho Quick Lifts started leaking, plow did not help, so I went with Bilstein 5100's. Not the most fun I have had compressing springs.... I actually preferred the ride of the Ranchos to the Bilsteins.

All back together. IIRC the lift increased around half an inch over the Ranchos. I also replaced the window visors for a full set of WeatherTechs.

The snow just didnt want to go away. 04/25/14.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Sometimes a 5' bed just wont cut the mustard! 16' lumber is no problem with this little thing.

Relocated trailer plug and new reverse lights wired up and mounted better than the previous set I killed with snow banks.

With a tonneau I needed some light inside the bed. Wired up to parking lights and a manual switch that some how actually shuts off when the tail gate is closed.

No more radiator bypass and leaking end tanks! CSF radiator bling.

Finally something to see here!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts