Nissan Frontier Forum banner

JettyLife

44K views 114 replies 25 participants last post by  JettyLife 
Been a while since shooting a Glock, didn't like the 2 I did shoot, but maybe I should try them out again, seems like more people like them then not. Currently have Berettas and Rugers, like them both, but love my Berettas
Still need a 1911! Glad to hear about the 23 though. Have you tried it concealed yet? I'm curious as to how easy it is as compared to a subcompact like G27. My buddy has a 23 he concealed when living in VA and another guy carries his G22 off duty... A little large for my liking to conceal...
The department issued me a Gen2. It's a dinosaur! Doesn't even have any ribbing on the grip. I feel like I need a good stipple job because we were on a gun call the other night and while clearing a stairwell in a high rise I felt my hand getting slippery and my grip was not exactly comfortable.

I'd like to try a Sig too eventually, everyone in our county carries Glock with the exception of our prosecutors office. They use sigs for whatever reason.
No CC since it's not allowed in Hawaii. But the size isn't bad at all if you are wearing jeans and a baggy shirt. But for board shorts and a light airy shirt it might bulge too much?

I like Sigs for the mechanical-y-ness (if that's a word) but they have never wowed me when it comes to feel. Very accurate though. My Glock wasn't anything to write home about at first. But after a few hundred shots it started to loosen up. And I polished the trigger connector to a mirror finish (by hand) and that made the pull a lot smoother, and the trigger break a thousand times more predictable.

I'm not one of those crazy Glock fanboys; Glocks aren't the most accurate out of the box, and they are not the finest piece of machinery ever made. But I'm happy since it was half the price of a Sig or H&K, and still a few hundred less than the M&P I was looking at that I will still end up getting one day :D 1911's rule! But a good one will cost me some coin, so none for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.