Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whose Truck is this? Anyone know?

They had "Jet" recalibrate their computer.
Has anyone else done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I saw they were doing this... I am interested, but unlike US vehicles, aparently imports have to have their chip removed, sent to them, reporgrammed and sent back to you to use. They claim 10-15 hp gains (you know it seems to me EVERYTHING claims 10-15 hp gains - CAI, exhaust, headers, etc.)

And where did you find the pictures?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yea, even an oil change! LOL!

If all they are doing is reprograming, I don't see why they can't make a handheld programmer like they have for the domistic trucks. If they had to remover and replace an internal chip, I could see it, but just a re-flash shouldn't be that difficult!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I know after reading in the titan forum that what was happening was the program would hold for a couple days then it would go back to factory specs.
By jet doing there programming they would bascially re-write the computer specs so it would hold!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember reading about a company that posted on our forum looking for one of our trucks
to try a chip on ( I think)
anyway my point is, I think they said they would provide a service where they would give you a back up chip so you could take it out If you wanted to . (like going in for service)

I wonder what the turn around time is?

maybe when we get this guy flagged down we can ask him

·
Registered
14 Posts
Be cautious of JET products

Guys be very cautious of JET reprograms and their "chips". They used have a bad reputation among many tuners in the not so distant past. I know in the DSM community (Eclipse, Laser, Talon) they were systematically shunned. If you browse several internet forums and search for JET you will come up with some posts expressing disspointed expectations.

Never go by JET's own dyno charts. Always do your own personal before and after dyno runs to confirm any gains when using this company.

Now on the other hand, TechnoSquare has a very good reputation. I would not be afraid of their services.

·
Registered
224 Posts
JET has a bad reputation in the Nissan market too. AFAIK they have never cracked stock ECU's and reprogrammed fuel maps like JWT, but rather do stupid things like solder resistors in place to lean out the entire fuel map. Kind of like the Ebay "performance chip" that is nothing more than an inline resistor on your MAF.

- Greg -

·
Registered
333 Posts
I been all through stand alone fuel systems, etc. etc. for many years and still am, those chips are just a program not tailored to each individual truck. Personally id stay away from them, it probably just tweaks with timing and some fuel curves.

·
Registered
189 Posts
gfronty05 said:
How about technosquare? I used that on my 350z and man it made a huge difference in low and top end, no speed limiter.
Technosquare and Alterted Atmosphere reflashes for the 350Z are great. I really think that they are the best chance for a good reflash package just like the 350Z.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts