Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Is the hoop on his the grill guard? It looks to short to be considered a grill guard...
Its weak looking in my mind and doesnt help anything as far as protection. I know Mr.plow had someone custom fit that paticular gaurd on there. So thats why it looks like that.

heres what it looks like from the factory w/ the grill guard option

Now Mr.Plows grill guard is more cosmetically inclined than the one above. Its looks like the one offered from Shrocksworks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its weak looking in my mind and doesnt help anything as far as protection. I know Mr.plow had someone custom fit that paticular gaurd on there. So thats why it looks like that.

heres what it looks like from the factory w/ the grill guard option

Now Mr.Plows grill guard is more cosmetically inclined than the one above. Its looks like the one offered from Shrocksworks.
Is Plow's (not on Plow's truck anymore though) the same as Jeff's, I don't recall? Jeff has a really short hoop on his. What your pic shows is the grill and light guards and yes that looks awful. I like the look of Jeffs and may want something similar but I haven't found one with that short of a hoop.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I'm with you now. I didn't realize that you were the one that bought Plow's bumper. That hoop really helps the looks of the bumper. That is just the KMA wincher then. Anyone know how their lead times are on bumpers?

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the bumper all you need or is there a skid that is needed to cover valubles up there? Bear in mind that I don't really wheel my truck, I just like the look of that bumper. I guess what I'm saying is do I need a skid to get a "finished" look and not have vitals hanging out below the bumper?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
If you want i can stop by their actual manufactering facility. They are located right over near the Atlanta area. Its right next to my house. Maybe an hour away. Im looking into this bumper as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the shrock skid works with it and yes you will see the oil filter without anything,but for now I just used the stock 1 and its covers up everything
So if I just buy the bumper I can rig up the stock front skid (more like a cover as it would probably be easy to puncture) to cover up and hide the parts (oil filter, bottom of the radiator, etc.)?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
fyi, richard did the little bar up front for plow

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Okay, I'm with you now. I didn't realize that you were the one that bought Plow's bumper. That hoop really helps the looks of the bumper. That is just the KMA wincher then. Anyone know how their lead times are on bumpers?

Thanks for the pics.
KMA are open to changes to their bumper. I you want the small hoop added they probably will it.
Here is one with a stinger bar.

·
Registered
642 Posts
KMA are open to changes to their bumper. I you want the small hoop added they probably will it.
Here is one with a stinger bar.

that's badass!

what do you mean open to changes? meaning they'll 'customize'?

i wonder if they're still a bit shaky on fitment and production/shipping times...that used to be the word on the street

1 - 16 of 16 Posts