Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a jeep bumper for 100$ on Monday. Got it sized up started removing the original mounting brackets and notched the rear fenders so the bumper can slide underneath. It's roughed out for now but will be cleaned up after final dry fit. It's still a ways away from done but I'm committed now and there's no going back.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting

Threw in a picture I mocked up with my phone so you can see how it will look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just about have the fitment worked out, debating weather I trim 1/2" off the bottom of the bumper so it sits flush with the frame support. As is it hangs down just a tad and I don't want it to get caught on anything. Next is to fab new brackets and bolt it down then finish the trim all the way to the wheel wells. I'm on the fence about removing my hitch mount and putting it on when I need it. After it's bolted up and fitted I'm going to take it off and clean up the metal tape it prep and
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car
Vehicle Wheel Hood Car Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
813 Posts
No going back now! 😬

Reactions: Grampy Matt

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Just about have the fitment worked out, debating weather I trim 1/2" off the bottom of the bumper so it sits flush with the frame support. As is it hangs down just a tad and I don't want it to get caught on anything. Next is to fab new brackets and bolt it down then finish the trim all the way to the wheel wells. I'm on the fence about removing my hitch mount and putting it on when I need it. After it's bolted up and fitted I'm going to take it off and clean up the metal tape it prep and View attachment 353674 View attachment 353677

View attachment 353676
View attachment 353673
View attachment 353672
He's committed now. Don't think I have the intestinal fortitude to hack up my quarters, but I give him props for yanking out the SawZAll and having at it.

Reactions: sirnixalot

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No going back now! 😬
Right! The moment I made the very 1st cut I was losing my mind. The moment I made that 1st cut I thought of Kristin Beck on the Joe rogan show Where they talked about cementing the fingernails on lolAs soon as I put the cutting wheel to it to it that was it it was full send there's no doing it half way lol. It will look much better as soon as I get the tubing put on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If MOOR is a local, then that means you're in Southern Utah. I'm in Soutern Utah, too. What are the odds of that?

Also, you've got balls of steel for cutting up your truck. My truck is paid off, but even I wouldn't feel comfortable cutting into it. My tip my hat to you good sir.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If MOOR is a local, then that means you're in Southern Utah. I'm in Soutern Utah, too. What are the odds of that?

Also, you've got balls of steel for cutting up your truck. My truck is paid off, but even I wouldn't feel comfortable cutting into it. My tip my hat to you good sir.
I'm northen in tooele area but anything around 3 hours is local for Matt lol I know quite a few people that have worked closely with him and even more that ride with his group often. Utah is a cool place, You can pretty much get any type of off roading you are interested in finding out here It is the mecca of outdoor sports.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You definitely have your big boy pants on. Kudos.

I could see myself doing this now that my truck is 11 years old. 10 years ago - no chance. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You definitely have your big boy pants on. Kudos.

I could see myself doing this now that my truck is 11 years old. 10 years ago - no chance. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
I'm pretty hard on things, I figured I could sacrifice a little on the bottom and gain clearance and wrap it in rock rails and the rest will last longer. Ultimately it will end up a flat bed, it's my grocery getting work truck and paid off. Gonna run it till I can't rebuild it any more then drop a titan engine in it lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weekend up date: started on the mounting brackets but ran out of wire and stick :/
pro tirp; check your supplies before starting any major projects.
15 year old got grounded so now she's hired labor until she gets us payed up to the equivalent of damages lol.
Plant Leg Asphalt Hat Road surface

Car Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel

White Hood Light Automotive tire Blue

Cloud Sky Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Water Hood Automotive tire Road surface Azure

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Plant Workwear Asphalt Waste container Automotive tire

The welds are ugly but strong and she is learning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts