1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know about that brand but in general from reading and trying the results are not that great. Our light housings were made for halogen bulbs and LED bulbs can have mass amount of uncontrolled light scatter in old school reflectors. I thought the low beams were pretty good but kept getting honked by truckers while I was passing them due to high shining light scatter, and the high beams were horridly dim... Yet these bulbs received rave reviews from the Ford truck crowd, for them it just worked with their housings....

I returned mine and went with PIAA halogen bulbs and added a light bar...

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Waste of money because the headlamps are not designed for HID or LED. That's just plain facts. Lots of people mistake "brightness" for "usable light" when it comes to putting these things into their cars.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Waste of money because the headlamps are not designed for HID or LED. That's just plain facts. Lots of people mistake "brightness" for "usable light" when it comes to putting these things into their cars.
^ ^ ^

What he said.

I encounter a GMC 2500 that has LED bulbs in stock housings many mornings on the dark country road portion of my commute and the amount of light he throws down in to the ditch, in to the oncoming lanes, down on the ground in front of his bumper and up on bridges and overhead road signs is amazing. I'm sure he is putting out tons of light, but it is EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copy on the big fat NO don't do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts