Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some Jbl 6x9 3 way speakers, model GX963 that are 2.3 ohm. Very close to our stock system. Cost is about $80 a pr.
Has anyone heard these? Any experience with this brand? I'm just looking for some increase in sound quality. Not looking to shake the truck or have everyone around me here what I'm listening to.
Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Even a $29.99 pair of regular 4-ohm Pioneer 6x9’s will probably give you the same marginal “increase in sound quality”. The OEM head unit is the first problem to address to gain actual sound improvement.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a pr of 4ohm speakers in my 06 and volume was so poor I put the oe,s back in. I fully understand that doubling the resistance, you cut power in half. It's tough to find 2ohm speakers. I know the head unit is initial problem, bit oe is good enough for now. I've also thought about installing a small amp with the jbl, s.
Thanks for reply raine.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Yeah... if anything, whenever you add better speakers to a bad source, the only improvement you’ll get is that it will be easier to hear how bad the source really is haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
JBL's are my brand of choice IF they say "made in Japan." Ive got some mid 70's Studio Monitors that will knock the pictures off the wall and put knick knacks from the shelves on the floor.

However, if they say "made in China" they are no better then anyone else's, shop by price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
finallygotatruck
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing