Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed JBA about the delays and here is what they said.

We have systems built and were ready to roll with these. However, when we brought back our R&D vehicle to shoot instructions etc.. The sound was not the way we remembered it. The big complaint with other systems on the market has been loud, brain numbing drone. We then tested several other mufflers, only to find that the best one was not available in stainless. We are now having custom built mufflers made and the 1st prototype was a bust. The 2nd prototype should be here this week.
If you can hang on a few more weeks, I think you will be highly satisfied with the result.
Sorry for the delay,

Jon Towers
Product Manager
JBA Headers & Exhaust

And i orderd the SS system,Hope this helps?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I'm glad to hear they are doing what ever it take to make this system right. I agree with the complaint about the mind numbing systems on the market, I had one of those systems, and certainly don't want another! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is this email also in regards to the JBA headers? Will they work with the Gibson Exhaust? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yep, I think they actually developed the headers first, so they should be tuned for any exhaust. Their Evol Exhaust was developed after the headers, so the exhaust is probably tuned specifically for the JBA Headers. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you were using the JBA Exhaust and wanted to add headers, it would probably be best to go with the JBA, but if your wanting to add headers to any other exhaust system, it's probably not so critical. I'm sure the JBA Headers will give great benefits no matter which exhaust their paired with!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
marin265 said:
I emailed JBA about the delays and here is what they said.

We have systems built and were ready to roll with these. However, when we brought back our R&D vehicle to shoot instructions etc.. The sound was not the way we remembered it. The big complaint with other systems on the market has been loud, brain numbing drone. We then tested several other mufflers, only to find that the best one was not available in stainless. We are now having custom built mufflers made and the 1st prototype was a bust. The 2nd prototype should be here this week.
If you can hang on a few more weeks, I think you will be highly satisfied with the result.
Sorry for the delay,

Jon Towers
Product Manager
JBA Headers & Exhaust

And i orderd the SS system,Hope this helps?

Hope this helps

I ordered the Aluminum steel system does that affect this system also?

·
Registered
225 Posts
What's the update on the JBA headers?

When are they going to be available to local dealers? This summer hopefully???

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
ok a real update. Today i called jba and asked about the exhaust and headers. The answer for when the exhaust will ship out is roughly 3 weeks from today. The headers end of may. remember though that the release date is pending so lets all just hope for the best. Anyways the person i talked to told me that they're getting the r&d nismo tomorrow which i believe a member here owns. Supposedly they already have all the tubing bent and ready to ship but the muffler is holding them back. They are suppose to test out a prototype muffler tomorrow and if they're standards are meant they'll start shpping them out.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
That's good news! It sure has been a wait, I hope it's worth it!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Frontier2 said:
I checked on mine and they said ship date was 5/22
Do you know if they are drop shipping directly from JBA, or are they being shipped to the vendor and then shipped to the customer? That may explain the week delay...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Paul
I am not sure about Premier , but performance center said that JBA puts the exhausts on a truck and brings it to them. Then Performance uses their own carrier to ship it to the customer.
This way they can email us tracking #'s when they go out. Performance center supposedly isnt that far from JBA though.

Is everyone getting impatient like me.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Heck yes! I was ready for this system to be released about two months ago when I was considering having a custom system fabricated to the exact specs of the JBA system! I figured I'd let them do the R&D and get it perfected and save me the trouble, but I had no idea it was going to take this long!

I'm not sure how Premier does their shipping, but I suspect it's the same. I'm also still waiting for some reviews before I lay out any money for a new system! After what I went through with the Banks exhaust, I guess I'm a bit gun shy... Fortunately, my truck is doing real good in it's current set-up and my gas mileage has never been better, so I'm a bit reluctant to mess with this set-up, although I'm hoping the new exhaust will only add to the mix and increase it a bit more!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts