Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JBA Headers for the 4.0L Frontier are coming soon.

They are just in the final touches.

Any members interested, please let me know, and as we get more information I will post it right away.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

For the Stainless JBA Headers, we will be looking at around $447.00

I will double check on the Ceramic coated price tomorrow

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks. One ? though. what does the coating do? Looks/Heat distribution etc...?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Will these be smog legal in California?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are the claimed TQ & HP Gains, and at what rpms, Any Dyno Charts yet?. How bout a preview of the installation instructions? Hoping for a good torque boost at lower RPMs

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As soon as JBA releases all of the figures of the Cat-Back and the Headers, I will post it right away.

Any other questions, please let me know.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi David,

I am reading all of these threads here about the JBA stuff for the Frontier and getting all mod-happy already .....BUT .... I am actually a new Xterra owner. Now I am pretty sure we are essentially the same trucks underneath, but I am not sure.

Could you please investigate the use of the Headers and Exhaust combo on the 05-06 Xterra (4x4 Off Road in my case). If we have a good fit for these, let get me in on a combo order for the both of em.

If JBA is anywhere near me here in Southern California ... I could run over there for a test fit no problem .. just let me know.

edit - I actually just checked the website ... looks like they are actually in SD (cool).. not much of a journey at all ..

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone installed the JBA Headers yet?? I am pulling a trailer and could use a few more ponies for pulling hills. If not, I may be the first to try them!!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I don't think they have been released yet. They may be released about the same time that release the exhaust system, which my be another 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I might be intrested, but are they really going to release them or they going to make everybody think they are available for sale, and then tell them 2 more months. Sorry just a rant about my exhuast that I ordered over a month ago and they still don't know when it will be ready.

Will

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello,

From what they told me at JBA, the install is pretty straight forword.

JBA Has these in Stock and Available to ship Tomorrow.

I understand the Cat-Back exhaust has taken alot longer than expected, but its better to take the time to get it right , than to rush out a Banks or gibson oversized 3" system that loses all low end torque.. It's clear banks and gibson rushed the system out and did not bother testing it at all.

The cat-back is about 3 weeks out and its looking to be a very very nice system.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was talking to a friend of mine tonight - showing him everything I have done to my truck and all, and mentioned these headers on my 'wish list' and he said expect to pay $800-$1000 to have them installed??!! Is this true??

He builds race cars for fun and prodit, so I believe him...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have been qouted from several different places on headers install, the range is from $520-$1,200 labor. A steep price to pay for 15 more RWHP. Besides, I didn't buy my truck for racing, I bought it to enjoy driving a truck. If I had wanted speed, I would've bought the 350Z.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
That range sounds about right, just depending if they run into problems it will be the highest figure. But seeing how new the vehicle is, it might be somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
There's a guy over on TUNFS who just installed them himself. He said it took all day and he had to lift the engine a couple inches to do it! But, he's also reporting some pretty nice "seat-o-the-pants" gains across the spectrum! Here's the link: JBA Headers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts