Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with David Edelman at Premier Truck Accessories about a Group Buy on this system! He asked me to put the word out and he’d work on getting a good Group Price. We’ll need at least 10 people to join this buy to get the special discount, so either let me know or e-mail David at [email protected]. You can also call him at 888-345-4782. Let him know the forum you saw this on and ask for the Group Buy!

So, who’s going to be second?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David is contacting JBA to see what kind of price he can get for a large order. Either he or I will update this post when we get that info. I'm also hoping for some performance data also. Hopefully he'll hear back from them today and we'll update the post later this evening!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
David is contacting JBA to see what kind of price he can get for a large order. Either he or I will update this post when we get that info. I'm also hoping for some performance data also. Hopefully he'll hear back from them today and we'll update the post later this evening!
You think this will be better then the Banks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05FRONTY said:
You think this will be better then the Banks?
That depends on what you mean, price, performance, or sound?

Price - Don't know yet, but I hope so!

Performance - Should have better low end torque, but not sure otherwise! Of course Banks never did supply any dyno charts on their system, even though they said they would!

Sound - Without a doubt! According to David they tried several different mufflers before choosing the one they did. He said it has no drone and little to low interior noise! If it fell someplace between the Gibson and Stock, I'd be thrilled!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
You can definitely count me in- but I would like to see the performance numbers please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping to hear back from either David or JBA yesterday so I could post some more information. JBA does not even list this system in their site yet, but I e-mailed them requesting technical and performance specs. David is working with them on a good group buy price. Hopefully we'll know more next week! It definately sounds promising from what I've heard thus far!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
I was hoping to hear back from either David or JBA yesterday so I could post some more information. JBA does not even list this system in their site yet, but I e-mailed them requesting technical and performance specs. David is working with them on a good group buy price. Hopefully we'll know more next week! It definately sounds promising from what I've heard thus far!

05_NISMO_4X4,

Thanks for keeping us informed on this and organizing a group buy. Look forward to the results from JBA/David.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far it looks as though we have 5 people who have expressed interest, so we're already half way there! Now, if the test results and price prove competative, we may have an awesome deal going here! Hopefully we'll have some more info to post early next week (as I doubt anyone is working this weekend!). There is still plenty of thime though, I don't think JBA will have the stock to start shipping in volume for another couple weeks. I just hope they get David his as soon as possible so we can hear some reviews and oppinions!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I'm interested... but I wouldn't say count me in just yet. I've never done a performance mod of any sort to a vehicle of mine so I'm a little nervous about that. But price is a big factor for me right now since I only bought the truck a month ago and am a bit streched for cash heh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand where you're coming from. JBA will offer both an aluminized system and a stainless steel system, but both will have a stainless steel muffler and tip. Price of the aluminuized system will be less. Hope to know more next week and will update as info becomes available. If you do decide to get in on this, we'd be up to 7, so I'm pretty sure we'll meet the minumum 10 participants before they start shipping! As for putting on this system, let me put it this way, I removed the Banks System from my truck and re-installed the stock system in about 2 hours with just a pair of jack stands to raise the rear end about 6" and a standard socket set. It wasn't that difficult at all. These systems are designed to fit just like the stock exhaust utilizing the stok hangers, so it's just a matter of unbolting the old system and bolting in the new, no cutting or welding required!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
mark me down as intrested...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE!!!

Here's the latest information I have recieved from David:

Hello Paul,

Here is the break down.
I spoke to JBA and these are the prices they want me to sell these for.

All Aluminized (stainless muffler & tip) part # 50-1410 GB price is $365.00 Shipped.
All Stainless Steel Part # 30-1410 GB $ 508.00 Shipped.

Only the first 10 systems ordered on this buy will receive FREE SHPPING and we must get 10 to make this happen.

These system should ship in about 7-10 days.
So, if we have anyone who is serious about taking advantage of this Group Buy, let me know, or contact David directly and place your order! Last count we had 9 folks who were pretty interested, so don't wait too long if you want to get in on the free shipping along with the GB Price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just spoke with David, he's still waiting to get his system, but as soon as it's in, they will install it and he'll do a nice write-up about quality, sound, performance, fit and finish, etc!

He also said he already has two confirmed orders, so there are 8 more available at the Group Buy price with FREE Shipping!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Re: UPDATE!!!

05_NISMO_4X4 said:
Here's the latest information I have recieved from David:

Hello Paul,

Here is the break down.
I spoke to JBA and these are the prices they want me to sell these for.

All Aluminized (stainless muffler & tip) part # 50-1410 GB price is $365.00 Shipped.
All Stainless Steel Part # 30-1410 GB $ 508.00 Shipped.

Only the first 10 systems ordered on this buy will receive FREE SHPPING and we must get 10 to make this happen.

These system should ship in about 7-10 days.
So, if we have anyone who is serious about taking advantage of this Group Buy, let me know, or contact David directly and place your order! Last count we had 9 folks who were pretty interested, so don't wait too long if you want to get in on the free shipping along with the GB Price!
$365.00 shipped! That sounds like a pretty good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I'd like to get some real feed back on the sound and performance numbers. But I'm leaning towards joing in on this Group Buy so you can count me in when this happens. If good feed back that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
David said they will start shipping in 7-10 days, so I don't know if that's when David will get his or if he'll get it before hand. I hope he gets it this week so we all have an opportunity to read his write-up before deciding on this system. I know in talking to him, he says JBA tested several mufflers because the first ones were too loud. According to what is was told by JBA the combination of pipe size and muffler in this system will have no drone in the cabin yet still have a nice sound while giving gains in performance. Hopefully, we'll see some specs soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was doing some research on the web, and the only place I have found that list the new JBA Evol Exhaust for the 05/06 Frontier is www.performancecenter.com.

The picture and description on their web site is of the Titan system, but they do list the Frontier P/N's and prices.

50-1410 - $377.30 (Aluminized)
30-1410 - $524.30 (Stainless Steel)

These prices also include shipping! They had performance specs posted as well, but the dyno chart was for the Titan! These numbers, however did not match the dyno chart, so they may be for the Frontier System:

HP - 10-15 HP Increase
Torque - 20-25 ft lbs increase

So, this Group Buy is a pretty decent price!

I know information is coming slowly, but as it becomes available, I'll update this post! Thanks to all who are interested and will help make this happen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Look closely at these charts.

I don't know where their charts are coming from but on JBA's website most of their dyno charts are posted with both JBA headers and exhaust. I have come across very few that only compare stock to an exhaust change only. I've seen very little increase in HP and Torque with just exhaust. I personally do not care to purchase a pair of headers to achieve these numbers.
 
1 - 20 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top