Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the opinions on this, it seems to be the only one I can find that actually replaces the stock y-pipe, (and short of going custom which from what I've read 2 in 1 out seems to be the preferred set up, if I were to go that route) I looked at this and Banks and apparently Banks has hit and miss reviews, but I havent came across (pause, no gay) any bad info on the JBA setup.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I've had the JBA Catback on for a couple years. It mounted right up, sounds great and so far has held up really well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
^^ Good price for a complete system. I don't think I could even get a muffler on my truck for that price around me. I might have to hit you up for that one day Nick. And just for the record, Nick is a good cat to deal with. I can't complain about the service I got when I bought my headers from him at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
love my JBA, had the CB on since 2007, i have the headers too, but i just never got around to the install. im told there are some good gains with both.

·
Registered
183 Posts
DT/Jardine is tough to beat for the dollar.
JBA has excellent customer service since becoming part of the Petronix Group, and builds a good product.
Apples and oranges the systems are that close.
Something you may consider is fabing your own from a JBA ypipe, and your choice of 2.5" muffler.
Dustin at JBA will gladly sell you the ypipe by itself,and then its easy to finish the system from there.
I built a custom all stainless side dump setup for less than 300, that makes good power, sounds and looks good too, using the JBA ypipe.,22"l magnaflow, mandrel bent 90 and 4" magnaflow tip.
check out some of the sound threads on here, there are plenty of ideas.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a Banks, and I love it. I have the JBA headers though, and I am extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
x2 on the banks! love it.

although i worry about dragging the muffler. it is large and sits and inch or 2 lower then stock position of the old muffler.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get rid of the Y-Pipe all together, get the Flo-Pro dual in-single out. Not only is it the cheapest bolt-on cat-back out there but it is also 409 SS. Got mine for $275, you have to ask who your regional distributor is.
http://www.flopro.com/GASCAT08MAY1.pdf

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here guys I finally got around to getting a video of the exhaust and now I can't get the damn thing to upload. Turns out the file size is too big, even tried using a zip. Any suggestions? It is pretty loud but has a low tone, not as loud as the banks. The long tube headers changed the sound quite a bit too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts