Nissan Frontier Forum banner

JayAre's Truck

64K views 204 replies 45 participants last post by  JayAre 
#1 · (Edited)
Username: JayAre
Year: 2012 pro 4X w/lux package
Color: Black

Interior: Led domes, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH, WeatherTech floormats, Raingler headrest grab handles.
CB (location varies), VHF radio installed under center stack.

Exterior: 2" Body lift, Plastidipped tailgate emblems, 20% tint all the way around, stubby antenna, LED reverse lights.
Hep's designs drop in roof basket

Armor: InSain Fab front bumper. Calmini rear bumper that Insain Fab customized for my body lift, and added a receiver hitch inside. White Knuckle sliders. Shrock skids. ARB rear diff cover.

Drivetrain: Titan M205 front differential

Suspension: Titan Swapped. Radflo 2.5s, Total Chaos uppers, oem lowers.
Alcan Leaf Pack (3" lift & +400lbs payload)

Tires: 315/75/16 Mastercraft MXT Pro

Uploaded some new pics since photobucket sucks now

I'll add more as I do more!

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks! Other than the steering, and rounding out one of the bed bolts (my fault), I had no issues with the BL. It was drivable immediately afterwards, but the steering was very tight when in the middle. Once I turned it a little to the left or right it got loose. The transition between the firm to loose is what I was concerned with. All I did to mitigate the issue is loosen the upper steering arm bolt, and turn the steering wheel back and forth a few times, then tightened the bolt. It still doesn't have the factory feel, but it much improved. Enough so, to where I think I'm fine with it. Seems like how a truck should drive after you do a body lift if you ask me. The kit came with what I think are the front bumper brackets, but not the rear. I'm thinking about relocating the rear bumper, but then I will have a gap between the bottom of the bumper and the trailer hitch, so it's a matter of which I am more willing to deal with. The tailgate/bumper gap isn't really bothering me at all to tell you the truth.

On a side note, since i don't need the front bumper brackets, they are up for sale.

#6 ·
You've done a great job with your truck.

#9 · (Edited)
Hahaha.. sorry man. You should just go ahead and do it though! I just installed the steering shaft extension last night. Not that I felt it really needed it, but wanted it to get back as close to stock as possible. Well, the ssa does just that. I say before you buy the adapter, just make sure you loosen the top steering shaft bolt when you do the lift, then before you tighten it back up, turn the steering weel back and forth a few times to get a little more flex out of the shaft. Then drive it like that and see if you like it or not.

I also painted my tow hook brake caliper red, and got my hi-lift jack in yesterday. Got some mounts to make now.

Painted tow hook with caliper paint.

#11 ·
In regards to the lift, you didnt have to do anything with the bilsteins? Just strait bolt on? I did that to my 06, but didnt have the nice shocks. descent ride quality still?

#14 ·
Truck looks good. To me a black vehicle is the prettiest, but sure is a pain to clean up after getting muddy like the pic you posted. Glad it is you and not me!

#17 ·
Thanks man. Drove through the boro the other day hoping and hoped I'd see your ride knowing I wouldn't though. The wife and I are in Chattanooga now, planning on running through PC tomorrow. We will hit some trails soon for sure. Keep me posted next time you guys take a ride. September's usually suck for me with anniversary, and the wife's birthday n such but we will make it happen.

#26 ·
AHH shoulda been clearer. the one the video was taken with. just watched the whole thing. Laughed when the jeeps got stuck and both nissans walked through the mud pit. had to back up to get a look at the lady standing by the mud pit too lol.

pretty good video!

did those bikers ask to go ahead in that turn or did they just go right past ya?

#27 ·
yeah. It was awesome video. Still want to get one of those cams. And umm.. I think that's my wife you're talking about there bub... lol. Those bikes just blew right past us, no warning. Once I realized the first one was there, I stopped. He went by, and I didn't see anymore, so I started to go again, then out of nowhere, Bam, another one. That was a pretty narrow turn too.

#28 ·
ha! thats funny...good job sir ;)

those cams do look like theyd be pretty advantageous for trail riding. im always wishing we had gotten more video. and this way you could capture stills too from it with the right software. a little immobile, but way better than nothing at all.

when i went wheeling out in PA we encountered a PACK of dirt bikers. they were really cool though. helped us sort out which direction to go. had let us go around and then when they caught up to us we let them go ahead and took a different path. really cool when trail riders can get along with us big 4x4 types..

i hate when they just blast past though. that to me is pretty rude. respect the trail, be courteous to the other drivers on the trail. just because you CAN get around, doesnt mean they should blast on by. they dont know what youre going to do and cant predict if you'll slip anywhere.. **** puts both parties at risk.

#29 ·
Ha! Thanks.

"just because you CAN get around, doesnt mean they should blast on by. they dont know what youre going to do and cant predict if you'll slip anywhere.. **** puts both parties at risk."

Not to mention if they had hit my truck....I would most likely have had to get bailed out of jail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.