CravenSpeed 4" Stubby antenna
Katana 9007 LED Headlight bulbs

Interior
JVC KW-V20BT DVD Receiver
Backup camera with infrared LEDs
President Johnny III CB radio
Front hood gas strut damper lift
Blue Sea System 6-circuit fuse block
USB 2.4A charging ports (front and back seats)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am itching to start doing the upgrades, everything has been ordered and boxes with parts are piling up but a few things are still being built. Hoping that I can start installing within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A year ago, I have installed the sound deadening insulation into the doors, rear floor and wall following Raine's description. It took me two days of 4-6 hours each, first all the doors and then the rear floor and walls. In the front, I did install the mat only where the passenger's and driver's feet are because I did not feel like removing the front seats. A few pictures taken during the installation:

Like Raine, I did measure the noise level in the cabin albeit less precisely then he did. I used a phone with a sound level measuring app and placed it on the console arm rest - in the center of the cabin. Then I drove at a constant speed of 75 mph on the same stretch of a road during low traffic time before and after the installation. There was a clear reduction in noise by approximately 3 dB (this actually matches well with Raine's results). Subjectively, the quality of the noise in the cabin has changed after the installation and I now adjust the volume level on my stereo lower than before when listening to the same songs.

·
Registered
710 Posts
How did you mount the winch or is it waiting for the Hefty Fab bumper?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the winch is waiting for the bumper, which should arrive in two weeks. Correction, it should arrive from powdercoating to Hefty and then they will send it to me. The waiting sucks, I have placed the order mid March when they told me that they had a quicker turn-around of only 10-12 weeks. And here we are at 15 weeks and counting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the Titan Swap is (almost) finished, new bumpers installed (front Hefty Fabworks aluminum bumper and rear steel Shrockworks bumper), Hefty's aluminum skid plates, winch and a bunch of other 'little' things like replacing a driver-side catalyst. A few pictures from the process:

The parts:

Comparison of the stock and Old Men Emu Dakar leaf springs:

Hefty's front bumper with the Mile Marker winch:

Skid plates drying after spray painting:

This is how I mounted the winch control box. I have made a bracket from a piece of aluminum to hold it in the desired location:

The disassembly was an ordeal and involved lots of cutting (and cussing):

On the other hand, I have had a great helper:

The rear suspension:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drool.......sweet looking rig! How do you like the Radflo/Bilstein set up?
Thank you! I love the setup even though there was no chance to try it on anything more than light off-roading. On road, I am practically ignoring speed bumps, pot holes, etc. The body sway is much reduced (I didn't mind it before without the sway bar) and the steering is precise with the right amount of feedback while not extremely sensitive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Going to do about a titan swap with basically the same parts. Were there any unforeseen challenges during the titan swap? Anything you would have done differently to make the job easier?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going to do about a titan swap with basically the same parts. Were there any unforeseen challenges during the titan swap? Anything you would have done differently to make the job easier?
The biggest challenge was removing the control arm bolts. Basically, I had to cut the arms into pieces to be able to cut all the bolts (except one, which I managed to get out) even after repeated soaking in PB1. A grinder with a quality cutoff wheel worked best for me.

I have done the whole install by myself and everything, especially the disassembly, took much longer than expected. Luckily, I was able to use a different car for my daily driving until it was finished. I had to make a number of runs for OEM nuts and bolts or getting some extra tools.

Another challenge has been getting all the parts. I have specifically ordered everything from a single company, PRG, was promised that everything will arrive within 4-6 weeks. The reality was that after 3 months I have finally got parts to complete the swap although with too short shocks in the rear. Since then, it has been additional 6 weeks (so far) of waiting on and calling PRG to get the correct size with blocks. Greg from PRG is extremely knowledgeable if you can reach him but contacting him is a nightmare and all delivery promises are absolutely unreliable.

Together with the Titan Swap, I have planned installations of new offroad front and rear bumpers, which allowed me better access to the suspension after the old bumpers were stripped off. It also allowed me to clean, rust-proof and paint large sections of the frame in the front and rear. All these tasks extended the time on this project but I felt that it was the right time to do them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts