Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Bilstein F4-BE5-D185-HO Titan 5100 front struts fit on my 2010 Frontier? I realize the valving would be stiffer however I'm installing a Smittybuilt winch+synthetic rope, and Shrockworks armor. This includes the front bumper with full headlight guards(obviously it includes the radiator guard), the engine guard, transfer case guard, and sliders. The rear guards and bumper are over the rear axel so I don't think that is relevant. ORW sold me these and said they are what I need.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I'm running the Titan bilsteins on mine... you need the Nismo/ Pro-4x spring perch for it to work. It probably won't be enough to compensate for a winch. You need different springs for that. The ideal setup would be a new set of coilovers. You could probably pick up a used set for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I wish this was my exclusive offroading setup my wife will also be using it for a 44 mile commute sometimes so I need the street ride to be as close to stock as possible.

Edit-I meant to say dampers not struts.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
That shrock is going to be heavy. A lot more then you think it will be. By the time you buy the Titan shocks with will work directly with the Nismo/Pro spring perches (you may be able to cut out your oem non nismo/pro ones like Penski did) you might as well buy a set of COs. Heck, there is an Xterra owner selling a set for 9 or so and it will probably be golden for what you want.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My modding money is about at an end and $228 is about right for my suspension upgrades at this time. I don't go fast in the rough stuff and for now the rear dampers are good enough. Plus my wife wants the truck to stay the height it is(she's short) so levelling the front is the only lift coming for the Frontier besides the 32" tires now on it..

I'll look into that cutting that was mentioned too.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Your 228 option will be a bandaid. You will be dropping some more coin soon on coils since your front will sag a bit. Then after she drives it a bit and says it nose dives and sways a bit, you will be kicking yourself for not convincing her that a set of COs is the only option.

You don't need to crank them for lift or anything, you just need the ability to tune that they offer.

If it is really the wife holding you back, then it may be time to sit down and discuss the options. Just make sure she is on board with the decision that if the bills and coils don't work, COs are the only next option.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point. I think I will take these Titan 5100's back and see what kind of good CO options are out there for a reduced price. My last Tacoma had Downey/Deutsh Tech CO's on the front and they were sweet.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I would still check this out: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f114/fs-radflo-2-5-coilovers-63090/

I am not sure but you may be able to dial it down a little to get a level look. I am just not sure on the price. I have yet to really look at COs to buy so it may be right on par but if it requires any kind of rebuild or maintance, it may not be worth the cost. Now, if you can build that maintance into the price, it will be worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts