Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I'm not selling my Fronty but I did buy a new wheelin rig. It's a 87 4runner. My plan is to turn it into a complete rock crawler. It has a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body. Electric lock in the back. Bobed in the back. Full cage. Sliders, skids, and bumpers. It has a freshly rebuilt 22RE 4 banger engine (not my first choice) and 5 speed tranny. Unfortunatly it isn't SAS'ed but that will be the first thing to do. I'm so stoked to take her to the mountains. The Fronty will be towing it to the trails so I don't have to worry to much about alignment and sway bars, ect, ect. What do ya'll think? I'll get some pics up ASAP. :fantastic:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^^^What he said, but congrats

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
nice parts r a dime a dozen for those should be fun and a bunch more aftermarket support than the fronty marlin crawler is expensive but man do they make everything!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
sweet man i dont hate yotas i just like nissans more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi here is pic's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
:goodjob:nice

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
22re is probably one of the best engineered engines around. sounds like a sweet rig.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has the independant front suspension on it now. I guess I'm wanting to know the true advantages to doing a SAS on it. It is a shorter wheelbase and has long travel on the front, so Im assuming its going to do well on the trails. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
nice rig. looks like you're kind of following in the footsteps of drew (irongrave) i know he bought a 4runner waay back as well for a trail rig..
i thought he had a xj (jeep cherokee) for a trail rig

It has the independant front suspension on it now. I guess I'm wanting to know the true advantages to doing a SAS on it. It is a shorter wheelbase and has long travel on the front, so Im assuming its going to do well on the trails. Thoughts?
im no expert on this stuff but it should do pretty good with the ifs but if you feel you need more articulation in the front and less moving parts to break is where the sas is good but im sure some one with a little more knowledge will chime in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts