Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up an 01 frontier that i absolutely love. But after a month of driving her around shes gonna need some suspension work before i really want to show her much off road time. I was looking into a few different lifts. That FAQ section helped me so much to see whats available for the frontier. I just wanted to see what kind of input i can get on what to do first and what kits seem to work best on and off road. The truck is a v6 4x4. Thanks so much for any help i get.

on a side note if anybody is thinking about selling some armor for a first gen, you should definetly hit me up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
what are you planning on doing, i have a V6 4x4 and i hunt like crazy and go down some pretty nasty trails and i go on the beach in the summer and have no problems at stock ride height. just get some good 31inch all terrain or mud tires

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im planning on doing mostly mudding and playing in snow. Also some runs to the desert when im back home. My wheels dont allow for bigger than 30s and thats a big reason why i want to get a lift. Chains barely fit on the front and only if i want to go straight. They rub on the fenders if i turn the wheels

·
Registered
297 Posts
You could crank the torsion bars a few inches in the front and add shackles or an add a leaf pack in the rear for a cheap way to lift your truck a few inches. Or you could add a body lift if you wanted to keep the stock height and just fit bigger tires. Or you could just go ahead and get a suspension lift which will be close to $1k.

·
Registered
578 Posts
what size wheels do you have?....if you are going to lift i would do a pml (torsion bar crank and shackles) or a suspension lift...body lifts look horrible and dont give you many benefits

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i just am going to do the t bar crank and then if its not enough i'll cough up some cash for a suspension lift after that.

did you mean what tire size i am running? because im running a 16 inch wheel and the tires 30's. but the offset on the wheels isint the same as stock so they don't fit brilliantly under the fenders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts