Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a double post but I tried last night and it still hasn't gone through. In any case...

I'd say it was 10% patience and 90% dumb luck that I came across this but it is finally mine. 2013 Pro4x King Cab with a 6 speed. I was the previous owner of an 03 Tacoma followed by a 2011 Tacoma. Both 4 cyl 4x4's. The 03 was my first truck and will always have a special place. The 2011 was solid but abominably uncomfortable and under-powered (though 24 mpg was nice).

Can anyone explain why the Pro4x king cabs with the 6 spd are so rare? I was told the previous owner had to special order it. The closest I came on my quest was a 2008 Nismo king cab 6 spd. That thing whined so bad I thought the timing chain was going to fail on the test drive. However, I knew how hard to find it was. I put a deposit down but after I explained the issue to the dealer he blew me off the next day and sold it at auction. I thought that was the final nail in the coffin but thankfully not!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
not enough demand is usually why

can you show where you mounted your CB antenna?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know it's in the standard spot. I haven't touched it. I guess the angle I took the first picture from does make it look weird.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
2015 was last time 6-sp KCs were offered in any iteration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts