Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up the parts and did my Pathfinder window coverplate modification on
my LE KC. Yes I said KC. It will cost a bit more than the CC conversion, but it can be done.

You will need the coverplates 80961-EA300 and 80960-EA300 list price $14.52.
You will need the CC windowswitch as the KC will not attach to the Pathfinder cover-
plate. Part number for the switch is $104.79. The total cost is about $150 with tax
depending on your local tax rate.

Talk to your partsman, I was able to get a nice discount on my parts. That will help
some to cushion the blow.

You will end up with what amounts to dummy switches on your coverplate as the
switches for the rear window will not work. The KC plug will plug into the CC
switch so there is no problem. Everything works just as it did with the KC switch.

Be sure to pick up the 3 mounting screws for the switch to the coverplate as the KC
switch just clips in. I do not have any pictures, but you can see the results on the thread about this put on by the CC owners.

By the way, do not order the Pathfinder switch as it will not work. The pins are different so the front switches will not operate the windows,

I am so glad to finally be able to do this, it has been bugging me ever since I saw one on a CC. Where there is a will there is a way, it only costs cubic dollars.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Now you need to figure out how to make your back windows pivot out like the rear power vent windows on a minivan and attach the wiring to those back switches! Then you'll have the only KC Frontier with power rear vent windows! :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
Now you need to figure out how to make your back windows pivot out like the rear power vent windows on a minivan and attach the wiring to those back switches! Then you'll have the only KC Frontier with power rear vent windows! :lol:
or use those switches to lay down an oil slick or release a slieu of tacks for those tailgaters

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you so much Okie. I love the look but thought I'd be out of luck.

A bit pricier for us KC guys but now we can be as cool as the CC guys.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SD_Frontier,

That is a good idea, I could use the other one to operate a device to knock out the bright
lights of high beam lights or lights that are aimed too high.

Stormrider,

You are quite welcome I thought it was about time that I was the guinea pig for a
change. So many have done the same in the past to help me.

OkieScot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts