Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are 2006 stock headlights. I have a 2012 frontier. Also is it pretty simple of a job to do? I understand it may take a little time, but if I've never done this before will I have trouble?

·
Registered
581 Posts
i haven't started my retrofit yet. parts gathered and staged on the project
bench. the degree of difficulty lies in your craft skills, tools and supplies
you have, and the projector design you are contemplating using.

best to read the threads from others who've been successful and to extrapolate
the information, comparing against what you're attempting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually idk if those 06 headlights will fit in ur 2012 I'd check before u retrofit and then them not work. I know there's a different design so idk if they bolt on the same. But if u decide to sell the 06 headlights let me know Cuz I drive a 06 ??

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
Actually idk if those 06 headlights will fit in ur 2012 I'd check before u retrofit and then them not work. I know there's a different design so idk if they bolt on the same. But if u decide to sell the 06 headlights let me know Cuz I drive a 06 ??
You're right - the 06 will not work with the 12 design, the design changed after 2008. OP - look for 09+ headlights.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well in that case I'll buy the 06 headlights me me me me me here in the front with the face

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Wow Thanks for the heads up!!! You saved me a whole lot of time. And the guy is selling them on craigslist near me. If you want them Ill ask him how much and let you know how much he wants plus how much it would cost to ship. Let me know!

You're right - the 06 will not work with the 12 design, the design changed after 2008. OP - look for 09+ headlights.
Hmm. Interesting. What exactly changed with the lights, I'm glad you guys stopped me before putting all this time into it. I just assumed all 2005+ frontiers had interchangeable parts.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
What exactly changed with the lights, I'm glad you guys stopped me before putting all this time into it. I just assumed all 2005+ frontiers had interchangeable parts.

The non-amber turn signal area used to be located above the headlights w/in the housing.
The current headlights have a small amber lens toward the lower/inner portion adjacent to the headlights.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The non-amber turn signal area used to be located above the headlights w/in the housing.
The current headlights have a small amber lens toward the lower/inner portion adjacent to the headlights.
Also, the angle between the headlight, and grill is different. You would need lights, grill, and the valance piece between the top of the bumper, and the grill (not sure of name)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow Thanks for the heads up!!! You saved me a whole lot of time. And the guy is selling them on craigslist near me. If you want them Ill ask him how much and let you know how much he wants plus how much it would cost to ship. Let me know!

Hmm. Interesting. What exactly changed with the lights, I'm glad you guys stopped me before putting all this time into it. I just assumed all 2005+ frontiers had interchangeable parts.
Yeah man let me know his shipping cost to zip code 39180

1 - 10 of 10 Posts