Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really would like to improve the turn-in on the new truck and traditionally a rear sway bar would do the trick. I know I could buy the Hellwig, but I really would reather not drill my frame. This just uses clamps on the frame for the ends, instead.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I took a chance on this one and it works on 2WD or 4WD with no drilling the frame. I'm not sure why the one you're looking at wouldn't work. Mine doesn't look like 22mm, it's a little smaller. I haven't measured it, though, but could if need be.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Has that one helped much? I've been looking at both styles.
I think it has. If I were to make any improvements, I might try to get urethane bushings instead of the supplied rubber ones. There's a lot of great on ramps where I live & it really helped to keep it planted. If I wanted to install a larger rear bar like the Hellwig, I'd like to try to use the bar mounts I have now so I don't have to drill the frame either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm getting this one for my 2019 Crew Cab 2wd. I've owned several differnt cars and trucks and I've ALWAYS had great luck with Hellwig Products. https://www.suspensionconnection.com/7694-nissan-frontier-sway.html?gyear=2019&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CPCS---Shopping---Branded,-Year&utm_term=4581115202127658&utm_content=2019

I've ordered a couple of things thinking that the Navara would fit, or be close. Not really...even the door sill plate protectors were way off. Also, with the Hellwig it's only 2 holes and the rest uses what's already there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it has. If I were to make any improvements, I might try to get urethane bushings instead of the supplied rubber ones. There's a lot of great on ramps where I live & it really helped to keep it planted. If I wanted to install a larger rear bar like the Hellwig, I'd like to try to use the bar mounts I have now so I don't have to drill the frame either.
The Hellwig is 7/8 in or 22.22 mm. so you're in the ballpark in size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts