Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2008 350Z, the fuel mileage computer was dead accurate to within 2/10 of a mpg. Is the Frontier the same way?

My 2006 VW Jetta TDi, is usually 4-5 mpg off ( optimistic)

Thanks!

peter

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
mine is accurate within a few tenths.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Mine's fairly accurate. It's off about 0.5mpg lower than what I'm actually getting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not to thread jack here, but I guess I will anyway. Does anyone know if you can activate the trip computer functions on a cluster that did not originally come with them? Is it something that can simply be "turned on" or did it have to originally have it for it to work?

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Some members have tried replacing clusters and found that it can't be turn on. It's part of the bcm or whatever controls the cluster.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
So what modles did it come on? only nismo and LE modles? Is it possible that I have it and don't know it? Like is it under a menu from the odometer reset, or is it have its own screen and all?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bet..

i had a 2007 mazda3 that didnt have the trip computer activated, and after searching thru forums, i found a guy who had worked at mazda. a few magical presses of radio buttons and ignition turns later, and voila! i had the trip computer.. i really hope that someone will find this to be true here also..

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I found that mine was off a little when I reset it everytime I refueled. If I let it go for quite a few refills it seems to be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
i had a 2007 mazda3 that didnt have the trip computer activated, and after searching thru forums, i found a guy who had worked at mazda. a few magical presses of radio buttons and ignition turns later, and voila! i had the trip computer.. i really hope that someone will find this to be true here also..
And how exactly was the radio tied into your gas tank? Cause that just seems a bit like a tall tale to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the stereo in my mazda3 had a display with more info than just whats on the radio... outside/inside temp etc.. the only thing that was different was a name on a button. i could see the mpg in the background, and thats how i knew my display was capable.. its not a tall tale... look it up for yourself.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
the stereo in my mazda3 had a display with more info than just whats on the radio... outside/inside temp etc.. the only thing that was different was a name on a button. i could see the mpg in the background, and thats how i knew my display was capable.. its not a tall tale... look it up for yourself.
Fair enough. Sorry for doubting. I apologize.

While it might be possible in some vehicles, I believe this and getting fog lights to work separate from lights or parking lights has been researched and found to be not possible without major hurdles (usually BCM issues).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
On mine, the trip computer is generally off. It doesn't seem to recover very well, especially the DTE function. It acts like it has a mind all its own. I can avg about 20-21 mpg on the highway, and the DTE will still only read about 340. Likewise, if I have a bunch of city driving that drops it down to the 16ish range and then go on a highway jaunt, it might only come up to about 17.5 while true calculating shows it in the 20.x range. So for me, it is fairly inaccurate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts