Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly have never been off roading, I really dont think I'd want to until I at least pay my truck off in 3 years. So I've been looking at lifts, I want my truck to look pretty aggressive, but fear Titan swap may just be too much for not off roading. Any input? I don't really want to sacrifice my ride quality that much either. I was thinking maybe just get billstein adjustable shocks? and maybe an aal in the back?

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
If you'll never take it off road it is a waste. Although it does ride and handle better on the road. Are you 2wd? if so just get some lift spindles (4") and AALs. Same if not better ride than stock with an aggressive look. If 4x4 do Bilsteins and AALs but only go to 2". Since you don't off road at all anything more is a waste in my mind, but its your money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
im in your same boat. I have a 2008 and i have a year and a half to go before its paid off. I don't offroad in the sense, but i drive off-road fairly often for camping, biking etc... What I found was stock is slightly too low, rubbed too much for what I wanna do. I just put on my lift kit and Im picking it up from alighnment tomorrow. I got a lot of input from this forum, specificallyy glamisdude and a few others that made me decide on this option. I figure if this isnt enough now, I will know in a couple years when I can decide on if i still want the titan swap.

Front:
Bilstien 5100 set at 1", stock springs (nismo kc)
1" top hat space and new top hat from nisstec
Stock arms, did have to get new lowers since mine were shot. Had to torch out all Lower cam bolts, as well as the lca ball joint. **** Canada lol.

total lift 2 inches (feels like more). This kept me in alignment with stock arms, and the shop owner side it was the nicest lift set-up he saw so far.

Rear:
OME dakar medium duty springs. These make a huge difference from my old flat nissan leaves. lift 2-3 inches.

I use mine as a dd, work truck (landscaping with 5x10 trailer), and weekend warrior. I needed something that was higher, but still funcitonal (hence why i still run 265's over 285)

From my first impressions before i dropped it off at the shop. The suspension felt a lot better. As a dd, the shocks are stiffer and it drives better, not leaning so much in turns and does not wallow like it used to (new leaf springs probably help). I will be taking it offroad in the next week or two hopefully to get some feedback in that side of it.

What I would do is either:
1. aftermarket uca with my suspension set up but set it at 1.5 with a 1" spacer. (2.5" total, or 2" with stock)
This is will give you a better off roading platform that is still functional in the city.

2. full titan swap. Better off roading, but, wider turning radius, 6 inch wider wheelbase at the front. Depending on your vehicle use this could be a deal breaker, and for me it was. This set-up will give you better suspension, but it has its drawbacks in size and cost.

If you have the money, and you can deal with the wheelbase, it is the ultimate upgrade. Just make sure you use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts