Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably sounds like a stupid question but I plan on doing some recreational offroading, and my friends with 4WDs say that black is not a good choice since it will show brush scratches more among other things. Of course, none of them actually have a Black offroad vehicle.

Does anybody have any input on this? Especially if you have or know someone with a Black offroad vehicle.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
scratches will show more although a black truck with a little dust does look badass.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Silver is my favorite color for an offroad vehicle

but rhinolining the entire vehicle like Frontin is about to do would be optimal

rhinolining a 30k dollar truck takes a lot of guts and some insanity.

·
Banned
410 Posts
black is the worst color for a car/truck PERIOD! yes it looks VERY NICE but it shows every single little sratch and spec of dirt and water spot and everything else you can think of like crazy. and yeah brush scratches are going to show up like crazy. not a smart idea.

silver/white is also my fav color for offroading justbecause it doesnt show the scratches quite as bad. but the best color is no color at all :D but i dont htink anyone wants to take the paint off their brand new truck....

now like kansas said im about to rhinoline my entire truck, makes it tuff as hell and then my paint wont get scratched. and i personally think it looks cool as hell, but its deff not for everyone.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I've narrowed the color down to either Silver or Storm Grey, probably depending on which one looks better with roof rack. I'm driving to a deaker in BFE so as to see the Nismo versions first hand before I buy. Seems like there only Black ones around here.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the Strom Gray and I would recommend the Silver. Jus tmy opinion.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I liked the Silver and my wife liked the Storm Gray. Thanks for all the advice.

I have to admit, I do like driving around the Storm Gray.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i have a black 05' and the scratches are very obvious! stick w/ another color

1 - 8 of 8 Posts