Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an observation, I drive up 84 and 290 into MA for work everyday and I think I’ve seen ONE ‘22 Frontier.
I could throw a rock out my window and hit like 3 tacos, f-150s and Chevy colorados, but I hardly see any 22 frontiers :( I like playing I Spy lol

are these just not that common because of all the recalls?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just an observation, I drive up 84 and 290 into MA for work everyday and I think I’ve seen ONE ‘22 Frontier.
I could throw a rock out my window and hit like 3 tacos, f-150s and Chevy colorados, but I hardly see any 22 frontiers :( I like playing I Spy lol

All the recalls? There is one.
Also there is a thread on this topic, I’ve seen maybe 3 in almost a year I’ve had mine and all SVs

·
Registered
412 Posts
I see them quite a bit now. When I got mine last November I was the first in the area probably but others are cropping up. Saw two others in a short drive just earlier today.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I rarely see them in my area. Seems strange to me because the local dealer gets some in and they seem to be sold, but I don't see many of them around.
I see the same ones around my hood. A white and a black one. Both SV's. Nissan only makes about a third of what toyota does. Tacoma capacity is around 250K units/year. Nissan's plant in Canton Mississippi hits a wall at 80K. That plant is outdated and is messy when you look at other oem assemblies. Less pay and poor benefits. No wonder we see so many quality issues on this forum. And this at a time when they have a bit of advantage on the other mid sizers being they have not released their next gens. Nissan did not plan this through. They should have released this in 2019 and could have should have been pumping out the third gen at 200K/year. But as the Nissan is they are way too conservative and don't like risks. As long as I'm on my rant they should have could have made the Titan warrior instead of releasing yet another full size ugly truck. And now strong rumors the titan will be dropped.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, now that yours is gone, are you planning to get another?
i really, really, deep down, want another. I’m not a truck guy but test driving one a few months ago I was like yup, this is the vehicle I want lol

It was just such a bad experience, finding a 6 foot bed over here is like finding a unicorn lol trying to hold onto hope

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
337 Posts

do you just plan on trolling the board forever or are you going to move on to some other forum? enjoy your taco - they never rust...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've seen more new Frontiers than new Ranger's or Mavericks
That's odd being the current ranger has been around since 2019. I definitely see a bunch more of those. The bottom line is GM/Toy/Nissan/Ford pretty much sell out all their mid sizers. With the exception of Toyota they all make about 20K units a quarter. Their capacities are very similar except for Toyota that makes 20K a month for the tacoma. They are blowing everyone out of the water. Mid sizes are more scarce because they don't share the higher capacities of full size with the exception of the Titan which hardly anyone buys.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd agree with this.... I live in the bay area commifornia which usually has the newest and hottest cars out.... and i think I've seen about 5 of them since they were released..... kinda odd.... but those Taco's..... everywhere!

Reactions: Grampy Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm surprised too. I've only seen three other 22s since buying my truck 3 months ago. More people should be buying them because it's simply the best midsized truck on the market, in every way. It's probably because only cool people buy them and most on the road are aholes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
TBH, I love being pretty much the only one out there. Feels a little more unique.

I even find that people go out of their way to not park near me, or drive crazy near me. Which is usually how people treat the Navara's that come into town. Kinda feels like driving a Ferrari or something lol.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm surprised too. I've only seen three other 22s since buying my truck 3 months ago. More people should be buying them because it's simply the best midsized truck on the market, in every way. It's probably because only cool people buy them and most on the road are aholes.
Except for the stop sale vehicles these have been selling very well. Like Ford and GM, they could sell allot more if they had more to sell. But those three OEM's have limited capacity. They all hit a wall around 80K/units a year. My local chevy dealer rarely has colorados on the lot. And when they do, they fly off. My ford dealer pretty much just builds to order rangers. And that Farley guy (ford ceo) is going to that kind of model. That is a low inventory model to keep margins up. Because of the limited capacities on those three its impossible to know who would sell more if they did have the capacity. But clearly, Toyota is spanking them all in sales.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts