Nissan Frontier Forum banner
3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mailman 
#1 ·
2004 Nissan frontier Xe crew cab vg33e automatic 4x4 that i have basically restored because we love it but, while in park it used to have REV LIMITER around 3500RPM you could hold foot to floor and it would just bounce off rev limiter until you let off gas peddle, Now that does not work, also most parts in A/C system are brand new minus some hard lines and the wires in the wiring harness and the 3 climate control switch console in dash, When A/C button is pressed the compressor doesn't kick on, all sensors and fuses are good and from what i and others can tell all has power, I'm wondering if this could be an ECM issue. Can ECM cause both of these issues at 1ce?

Only engine codes i have are for O2 sensors (too much rust to deal with until next YR)

Please help,
Thanks,

#4 ·
You replaced a bunch of AC parts (why? what was wrong?) so best guess from in front of my computer is that there is a refrigerant leak somewhere, so not enough pressure to engage the AC compressor.

So as Spyke wrote, what I'd on next is (1) jump the AC clutch feed wire to positive terminal of battery for a few seconds only (I'd use a wire containing an in-line fuse myself)
(2) if not, see if with engine and AC on if that AC clutch wire is delivering 12-14 volts positive
(3) measure both high and low AC pressures (your static reading, since the AC clutch/compressor is not engaging

#5 ·
You replaced a bunch of AC parts (why? what was wrong?) so best guess from in front of my computer is that there is a refrigerant leak somewhere, so not enough pressure to engage the AC compressor.

So as Spyke wrote, what I'd on next is (1) jump the AC clutch feed wire to positive terminal of battery for a few seconds only (I'd use a wire containing an in-line fuse myself)
(2) if not, see if with engine and AC on if that AC clutch wire is delivering 12-14 volts positive
(3) measure both high and low AC pressures (your static reading, since the AC clutch/compressor is not engaging
First things first hook your ac gauges up first
Up

#6 ·
Guys sorry for the delay getting back with you all, thanks for the replies guys, I had multi- leaks so i replaced hi and low side lines with compressor condenser dryer expansion valve, relay is new and good when tested but will not get full voltage to kick it make it click when AC button on dash pressed, Compressor is working when jumped off, i have vacuumed the system and it accepted 12oz of Freon, so running about 60lbs on low side now with no compressor kicking on, all sensors hi and low test good and have been replaced, the AC stuff has been hooked up with my buddy cummins certified tech.
All fuses and relays are good, something is just off somewhere, i just dont want to buy parts now without the need for it, ive done that enough here due to new relays fuses sensors and main parts, But the truck when in park used to be REV limited to 3500RPM, for a long time now that functionality has been lost, I wonder if this is all related to ECM or not.
I have also been dreading pulling entire dash back apart to check stuff on the climate control switches in dash,
Has anyone else ran into these issues?
Everything else on truck works as normal so its just a bummer,

Thanks Guys
Im 1000% open for suggestions and questions, it may take a while for me to get back to you though,

Thanks,
Gutter

#8 ·
With only 12oz in the system, that's not enough. Jump the power on the compressor and get the freon charge up to the proper amount. And at 60lb on the low side with only 12oz in it sounds like you have other issues. That low of a charge would probably pull down close to zero when AC is on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.