Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck didn't come with one and now I'm getting a camper . I see them for sale for $250 online . A guy near me has this one for $30 . What else will I need if it's ok to buy this ? It came on a 2014 frontier

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you need the trailer wiring harness kit make sure you get a kit that come comes with the "relay adapter" that installs inside the cab of the truck under the front passenger side kick panel.....I think the one from E-trailer.com does not include this item.
You can see the relay adapter in this pic it is the cable with the three leads/plugs at the one end.
Click on the amazon button link below:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you need the trailer wiring harness kit make sure you get a kit that come comes with the "relay adapter" that installs inside the cab of the truck under the front passenger side kick panel.....I think the one from E-trailer.com does not include this item.
You can see the relay adapter in this pic it is the cable with the three leads/plugs at the one end.
Click on the amazon button link below:
https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-118525-Connector-Assembly/dp/B006VN3GHY
So to pull my pop up camper all I need to buy is this receiver and that link you sent me ? Anything rlse

·
Registered
934 Posts
Not sure what type trailer interface plug will the camper have ? Round or flat ?
As far as the pic of the receiver hitch it is too small for me to tell for sure (even on a 20" PC monitor) but if it is off a 2005 or higher year Frontier it will work.
My main point was some vendors are selling Nissan Frontier trailer wiring kits with out that relay plug cable that goes under the front passenger side kick panel.
Edit ,,, I am not even sure what year your truck is ... I am assuming you have 2005 model year or higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts