Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me,seems to me when you take your foot off the gas it slows down way to fast like the brakes are on.Is it because it's a 4X4?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
upandownsmooth said:
Is it just me,seems to me when you take your foot off the gas it slows down way to fast like the brakes are on.Is it because it's a 4X4?
mine does the same thing, i think its engine compression that is braking the vehicles.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I've notinged the same thing. My old explorer would just keep going after taking my foot off the gas, almost like the transmission went into coast mode or something. Not the Fronty, it's more like driving a manual transmission, foot off the gas and it starts to slow down!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
It must be a 4X4 thing as my LE KC acts like it is in neutral when I let up on the gas.
It may also be in the rear end gearing. I guess that is why the LE's get better mpg than
the Nismos.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
huh?

OkieScot said:
It must be a 4X4 thing as my LE KC acts like it is in neutral when I let up on the gas.
It may also be in the rear end gearing. I guess that is why the LE's get better mpg than
the Nismos.

OkieScot
Well, my NISM CC also slows drastically - is the gear ratio different on the 4x than on the 2x NISM?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
huh?

OkieScot said:
the Nismos.

OkieScot
Well, my NISM CC 4x4 also slows drastically - is the gear ratio different on the 4x than on the 2x NISM? I would think the main difference is b/t the NISM / LE / SE...

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
OkieScot said:
the Nismos.

OkieScot
nismos have different gears???

·
Registered
361 Posts
My LE 4x4 slows quickly also. It is a combination of compression and rolling resistance of mechanicals(tranny, diff, etc.) and tires.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My LE CC 4x2 coasts....Sometimes I think the motor doesnt drag it down fast enough, Like when vehicles with lights on the roof come up behind you..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My 4x4 coasts its auto. What revs do yours drop to when you take your foot of the accelerator?
may be it has something to do with the traction package?
Navaras dip out on that :cry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was noticing the same thing today. I have only had mine a week so I am just getting used to how everything feels. I figured it was just different rolling resistance and differences on how the tranny works in comparison to my last vehicle.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Tha literature does not give the axle ratios, but there was a thread a while back that everyone was listing there rear axle codes. The LE 4X2 is a CA29. I am not sure what
the ratio is , but when you let off the accelerator you feel like you are coasting in neutral. There is little if any resistance.

My truck is an automatic and I leave it in OD most of the time.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Here you go! Scroll down to final drive ratios and you'll see the LE 4X2 is the tallest and the SE and NISMO 4X4 Autos are the lowest!

Frontier Specs

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd rather have it like that. My Hardbody is like that, especially after I slammed it. Saves brake pads and brake wear if you ask me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow

Wow ,thank you so much people.I'm going for my first oil change and i was going to ask about it but now i know im not the only one.This forum rocks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Mine coasts when I let off the gas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts