Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Snyper, you can mount anything to anything with enough time, patience, tools and money. And a big welder.
So, to address your question, is there a four to five inch wide flat area next to the license plate or other semi-protected area that this could be mounted into? If you are custom ordering, I'd tell them to make the holes before shipping. If not, you will probably need a beefy hole saw or a torch to punch through. Typically there is one large central hole for the socket body and four mounting screw holes for the retainers. I only have a stock Nissan steel bumper so a Harbour Freight hole saw kit was sufficient. I'm seriously glad I didn't take the easy way out and just hang it underneath, as I've been wheelin several times since adding my tow kit, and pretty sure I would have come home sans 7-pin socket otherwise. I got this one cause it'll mate to any std trailer connector, regardless. 4, 5 and / or 7 pin multi-socket.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, you can. The way it comes, they want you to put your plug below the bumper, but it really doesn't fit well for the North American plugs. If you order the bumper, don't forget to order the filler plate that goes under the tailgate for the license plate and lights to mount to. I drilled a hole and put my 7 pin connector on that plate, along with some rear facing LED lights. Works fantastic and is well protected. Hard to tell from the pics, but i reused the stock plug, now mounted between the license plate and the left license plate light.

All that being said... I like my ARB rear bumper. I like the side protection it has and i like the step. I really do not know if i would order another. My biggest gripe is the that vertical piece of metal on the bottom of the bumper on both sides of the hitch receiver, between the 2 tow eyes. It is made of fairly thin metal and will bend whenever it hits the ground. Mine is all wavy now from the few times it has hit while off road. I'm planning to trim that off and come up with something a bit different. Other than that, great bumper. Very beefy underneath.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mounted my 7pin connector in my (stock) bumper, get a hole saw the size you need and drill away. Yes, it is tough to put a drill to a new painted bumper but you will thank yourself with how clean it looks! And it won’t be hanging down waiting to get ripped off, like the stock location. My truck didn’t come with the tow package so I needed somewhere to mount the connector

1 - 4 of 4 Posts