Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the look of the SE cluster (below)

I like the oil temp and battery power indicator in the cluster.

What I have

·
Registered
143 Posts
what years are those two? Cause I have an 09 SE and it looks like the one you have listed as the XE

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
both are out of a 07 frontier. I checked it out on car max

I know that its not a 4x4 cluster because the 4x4 shows an LCD drive train on the tack

How well dose that LED 3rd brake light work I want to get one for my truck

·
Registered
143 Posts
The third LED brake light is okay, I got it cheap off ebay. had to cut and splice the wires myself. also had to run a bead of silicon across the top. But it works and does the job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am also interested in this switch up. I believe the v6s come with all the gauges and the 4cyls come with none. I have the SE model of the 4cyl and don't have any extra gauges hence why i believe its on the v6s

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It may be a 4cyl thing but I would check the FSM wiring diagrams to see if it shows the same between the 4cyl and the 6cyl.

Side Note: How cheap must Nissan be to not include those 2 gauges even thou they pretty much suck.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah i looked into the V6 but after weighting the pros to cons about the motor I stuck with the 4cyl. i wish I got a manual sometimes but i do not mind a bit less power. It does what I need.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I would see the only complication being that one is a 4 and the SE is a 6, but you can get an XE with a 6 also with the power package I believe? Some correct me if I am wrong. So it could be pre-wired to do it, they are for a lot of other things. But if you think about it the fewer different wiring harnesses they have to make the less money they lose. I will be willing to take my cluster out, take pictures, and count the pins if you are really wanting to do it. It wouldn't be even the tenth time my dash has been taken apart.

My previous 1997 Hardbody XE, standard cab was pre-wired for electric mirrors, locks, and windows. That truck was never even sold with any of that in the standard cab, but it was all there under the dash. When I got the harnesses for the doors it was all plug and play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts